Thread: sony dvd306 vs sony DCRSR32

Default sony dvd306 vs sony DCRSR32

i'm going to purchase a camcorder from my local retail outlet today and its between the two camcorders mentioned above. My question is which one offers better features mainly picture quality and nightshot performance etc
    thanks

DCRSR32E.CEH, Hard Disk Drive, Standard Definition Handycam, Camcorders, Bromley Sony Centre

DCRDVD306E.CEH, DVD, Standard Definition Handycam, Camcorders, Bromley Sony Centre

Do you want to edit your videos after you have shot them or do you just want to watch them back again on tv? The reason I ask is that the two camcorders you list are very good at playing videos back but are problematic when it comes to editing. Both DVD and HDD camcorders are aimed primarily at users who do not want to do editing, they are designed more for ease of use, where you shoot your video, take the camcorder home, plug it into your tv or in the case of the DVD camcorder, take the disc out and place it in your dvd player.

i probably would do some video editing and wouldn't mind spending a bit on seperate software. i wouldn't of thought transferring the video onto my computer would be a problem as i can put the disc in the dvd drive and rip it so to speak. Which other alternative type of camcorder is more suited to the editing process. DV out/in?
    i was more concerned about buying the best quality camera as i have no particular preference in the way the data is stored. Hard drive or dvd.
    thanks

My own personal preference would be to go for a Mini DV camcorder when it comes to editing, mpeg's and other obscure variants can be a big problem when it comes to capturing video into any of the popular editors. Even if you do get the video into one of the popular video editors the audio can go out of sync with the video at some point. Of course try and get a camcorder that has most of the features you are looking for but don't forget about transferring your movies off the camcorder and onto the computer, how difficult is it going to be to do that?