Thread: Titles/subtitles problem

Default Titles/subtitles problem

I just bought Premiere Elements 4.0. Can you please tell me how to make the Title remain at the bottom of the screen for the full duration of my video. Right now the text disappears after 5 seconds. I want it to remain throughout the video clip.

I’m creating one-minute talking head clips and I want “Susan Ireland at susanireland.com” to be on the screen throughout my little speech.
    Many thanks,
    Susan

If the title is on your timeline then select it and drag and drop the end edge of the title and extend it away from the start.

Default I must have done something wrong

Thank you, Alan.

In both the timeline and sceneline there are two elements. One element shows the first frame of my video (my head) with the layover of my Title. The second frame is black with the Title in white at the bottom.

I went into the Timeline, as you said to. I grabbed the right edge of the second frame and dragged it to the right until the time said 50 seconds (which is the approximate length of my video). Then I went back into sceneline and played the video. Here's what happened:

The video ran for five seconds with the title under my head. Then the title disappeared and my talking head completed its 50-second speech. Then the black page with the title came on in silence for another 50 seconds.

It seems I need to learn how to make the title page overlay the video. How do I do that?

Again, many thanks!
    Susan

Just make sure your video is on track 1 and the title is above it on track two. I haven't got APE4 in front of me at the moment but unless the layout has changed, you should see at least 3 video tracks in the time line and 3 audio tracks. For you to place one element on top of another you have to stack the video tracks, just like the layers in Photoshop. So your title has to go on top of the video which is below it. As Alan said, click and drag the right side of the title clip in the timeline and drag it out to the end of the video track so it runs for the same length of time as your video. You can also right mouse click on it and when the small menu appears, you can set its duration (unless this has been changed in version 4 of APE).

Default Got it. Thanks!

That was very helpful, Nidosony! I didn't even realize I could scroll up in the timeline and find multiple tracks.

I'm very glad I joined this forum. Adobe would have charged me $29 to get that info on the phone. And their manual is so poorly written you wouldn't believe it.

Again, thanks for helping me!
    Susan

Glad to help, and save you $29.