Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Studio 8 capture problem URGENT!

Default Studio 8 capture problem URGENT!

when I try to capture my camera plays my footage but in the lcd screen on the top right it shows a huge blur of lines and stuff that noone would normally see. I think the problem might be my data rate is too slow, it reads at 9356 kbytes a second and writes 13577 kbytes a second.please help me if at all possible

UPDATE:also tried to capture on Marc Peter's program DVIO(i think it's called) and it didn't capture anything, I've been trying to capture for over a year now!

Well y not start with some basics....Does Windows recognize the cam?
    2.6b at 3.3
    1 gig of OCZ Platinum Limited Edition PC3200(2-2-2)
    Abit IC7
    Seagate 80gb sata
    Aspire X-Alien
    460W Enermax
    9800 Pro
    SP-94 with Tornado

Panasonic GS200 on its way with:
    3 DV Tapes, Tripod, Bag, Telephoto Lens, Lens Cleaning Kit

Quote Originally Posted by p4ocer
    Well y not start with some basics....Does Windows recognize the cam?
    yes, it recognizes the camera and it seems to work fine until about 5 seconds after capturing the lcd screen shows as blurry and it captures like 10 milliseconds every 5 minutes...

please someone help it would be appreciated

Blog Entries

If the LCD on the cam is "blurry" and doens't show the desired footage, then I think it's time to call in that warranty...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    If the LCD on the cam is "blurry" and doens't show the desired footage, then I think it's time to call in that warranty...
    you think theres a problem with my firewire or the software???it seems I've exceeded the warranty limit 30 days which I've exceeded by far...what should I do??

Blog Entries

I was assuming you were going cam to pc. It's now clear you're going pc to cam... so read this thread: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1662

Marc, I'm actually going from cam to PC.And i have good news, I used Studio 8's default capturing program and it captured very well!So I'm just gonna start using a different program to capture and then editing with Studio 8...I just need to know how to change my captured video's file, i have it set as an AVI file and I need to change it to a WMV or some other video file so Quicktime can play it and Studio 8 can edit it.

Thanks
    Mark D.

Ricta, if Studio 8's default capturing programme worked, why do you say you are now going to start using a different programme to capture, and then edit with studio 8? You seem to have solved the problem capturing with studio 8.

Studio 8 captures as an avi file, unless you ask for MPEG or preview quality, and edits anything it's captured. If you have plenty of disc space, stick with avi. Studio 8 can't edit wmv files. Also if you capture in MPEG, Studio has to convert while it's capturing, which is time consuming.

Once edited you can 'make movie' in several formats, none of which is Quicktime, but you can make avi/back to tape, MPEG for VCD, S VCD or DVD, Real time in various qualities and WMV files in 3 qualities. Avi, MPEG and wmv will play in Windows Media PLayer. Real and wmv are intended for the web.

What do you want to do with your movie once you've editied it?

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.

well Gillian, I probably wouldnt do much except make a host for it and host it on the internet and maybe make some DVDs.But once i used that default capturing program called Amcap (Amcap is a program that tests your firewire to see if it works) I tried to open the movie in Studio 8 and it couldn't support the file and it wouldn't accept it.Whats going wrong???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast