Thread: Alternative solution to Creative suite 3

Default Alternative solution to Creative suite 3

Hi,

Is there any other solution to Creative Suite 3 Production Premium? I just need to edit a documentary movie. Just need to add subtitiles, Slow motion.. and other bits of effects.. I dont have a high-end Computer.. Doesnt meet the requirements for adobe creative suite. Thanks

Creative Suite 3 Production Premium contains a whole host of programs and it sounds like you just need a good video editor. Either Adobe Premiere Elements 4 might do what you are looking for or if you have the money to spend then Adobe Premiere Pro 2 or CS3 would do. Other editors are available including Sony Vegas and Pinnacle Studio, it really depends on what you are looking to do and how much money you want to spend.

I've got no budget . It is my company which is paying on behalf.. I'm not making a hollywood movie .. Its just a small documentary which requires few effects and good audio mixing

Does your company have a budget? If they can stretch to about 70 then you can purchase Adobe Premiere Elements 4 or whatever the latest version is and it will do all you want. It will capture your video, allow you to edit it and then give you the option of either making dvd's, putting it on the web or just making files to playback on computer. Before you purchase anything you should download a few 30 day trials of some of the software used on this forum and see which one you like the best, most are fully working and you may even get your documentary done in that time.

Premiere Elements 4 will do everything you have listed in your first post but does require at least a 2.8ghz machine with 2Gb of RAM. If you don't have at least that you are going to have trouble editing video anyway.

Does premiere pro allow me to save the file in 16:9 format?

Yes, and so does Premiere Elements (all versions).

Adam, I really suggest you check out Premiere Elements 4, it will do 80% of what Premiere Pro CS3 will do and it has some things that Pro doesn't have.
    You can't rip a DVD into a project with Premiere Pro, you can with Premiere Elements, as an example. Take a look at some of the stuff people are doing with Premiere Elements these days
    muvipix.com :: Gallery
    Last edited by Chuck Engels; 01-16-2008 at 04:48 PM.