Thread: dcr-trv22 icon weirdness

Default dcr-trv22 icon weirdness

Hello. I have a Sony dcr-trv22 camcorder and just recently noticed that when I turn on nightshot there is a frigging icon right in the middle of the screen that is annoying. I don't remember this being there before when I used the camera and turned on nightshot. Does anyone know what causes this? I thought maybe there was some option in the settings or something that got changed that I wasn't aware of, but I don't know what it could be. Thanks.

Does this icon only appear when you are in Nightshot mode? It seems strange for it to be placed in the centre of the screen, they are usually kept to the sides. Is there an option in the menus to either switch it off or limit the number of icons displayed on the screen?

Well, that's what I was wondering. I was looking to see if anyone had come across this before and if they knew if there was an exact place in the menu where you could turn this icon off. It is almost dead center in the middle of the screen, and is rather annoying. And, like I said, I don't remember it being there before. And yes, it is only when I have nightshot activated.

I don't know whether Sony's allow you to reduce the number of icons displayed onscreen but on the Panasonics I have you can opt for a lot of clutter onscreen or just the bare minimum of info. There's a setting in one of the many menu's to switch between the two.