Thread: Software for DVD Menus?

Default Software for DVD Menus?

Is there another software besides Encore for DVD menus? I need a software that is very straight forward with this. Right now I can't afford to to buy an expensive program. I almost have everything together to start the business except for the menus. I already created my menus on Photoshop I just need the software to make them work

any feedback on these one please

with premiere 2.0 or the CS3
    How far are you willing to walk to get to the promised land?

Not all DVD Authoring applications use PSD based menus, you will be much better off using Encore DVD. If you are going into business you might as well learn it, you will need it in the future any

I was thinking in getting Encore in the near future anyways. After a long research I found that there is not much to chose from. The software that I found uses PSD files but it doesn't import the layers. I found this on ebay but am not sure, I think its an educational version. Is this version very limited? I mean is not the full version?

Educational versions are discounted but they are the full versions minus the manuals and support. Plus you are not allowed to use the software to make a profit, meaning you cant use it in a business, but as far as I'm concerned how would they know. The only thing that concerns me is the $10 opening bid, it might be a pirated copy Ie: cracked or hacked.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

What do you think about the Encore 1.5 version? too old already?

What would you take 2.0 educational or 1.5 encore?

Adobe Encore 1.5 DVD - FULL VERSION -Authoring Software - eBay (item 250205865040 end time Jan-20-08 16:45:12 PST)

I would take 2 Educational over 1.5 but 1.5 would probaly do everything you need it to. Theres no diffrence between 2.0 and 2.0 educational, just that the educational has no adobe support and you can't use it to make a profit (although how could they stop you?) As far as the support goes there are plenty of people here willing to help out with problems.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction