Thread: Friend In Need, Friend Indeed

Default Friend In Need, Friend Indeed

Hey all, this is my first serious film. It was a worldwide collaboration. Filmed in Ohio, USA. Color correction in Vermont, USA. Stabilizing in Minnesota, USA. Music from California, USA. Script from the Orkney Movie Group, in the Orkney Islands, UK.

Critique on editing and cinematography welcome. I didn't write the script, so don't bother hitting that part up. Take it up at Enter Orkney Movie Group

YouTube - Director's Cut: Friend In Need, Friend Indeed
    CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

www.freewebs.com/neighborhoodstudios

I liked it, some of the lighting was a bit off and I did not like the the vignetting on the "flash back" portion. The story, acting and editing was pretty good. I would have picked some other locations, like a real bar. With that said good job
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Not bad but i will have to agree with chapman on this one but keep it up though
    We are ready to shock the world

4. Default

A really good effort!

Like Chapman said, the effects on the flashback looked out of place and some of the dialogue was slightly inaudible. There was also a point at the end where the ambient noise vanished for no reason.

On the whole though, a good film, nice editing.

Blog Entries

A really good effort but...

Chapman & Moomin have both made very good and important points.

I would add that the actors are too young for their roles and the whole pace needs picking up. At the end of the film the actors are still two dimensional and I didn't believe them in their roles.

Apart from that, I enjoyed it and it's a nice start...

i really enjoyed it, i thought the hitman was a good actor, the one who he had to kill was pretty wooden. The edits where nice, the title wasnt on long enough in my opinion. I liked the choice of music too. I would of liked to see a twist in the story, thats the problem when you tell the ending of a story at the begining.

overall good effort
    action camera lights

Blog Entries

I enjoyed that all the way through - that puts you way ahead of the pack.

personally I am somewhat in awe of any group that finish a drama production such as this. Mine has been in the writing stage of 2 years... I appreciate the work that this has taken to complete.

Everything starts with the script so I am going to mention it. I liked the idea but too much was given away at the start and some of the dialog was pointless and obvious, the bits that 'filled in' stuff about the story for the audience grated. Also even in a ten min short there should be a bit more character development imho.

Filming. Sound, ditto above. Generally the choice of shots was ok and nothing clashed badly. Some scenes looked too flat, the bar was crap. Flashback -weird... in the language of film white vingnette does not mean time past - try slo mo / motion blurr / droppd frame rate / bleached b/w / echo.

Acting - hit man was believable, other characters not.

SFX - needed blood on the mudrer

Sounds like a lot of criticism but behind that I see a well thought out and constructed film.

Thanks for the response!

I am happy to announce that "Friend In Need, Friend Indeed" just won Honorable Mention in the 2007-2008 Scholastic Arts Contest.

The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards

Good job, you should be proud
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction