Thread: Jumpy preview and export Premiere Pro Cs3

Default Jumpy preview and export Premiere Pro Cs3

I currently use Adobe Premiere Pro Cs3, in XP PRO (32bits), A64 3800+ 4GB RAM 800mhz, GF 7600GT and a SEAGATE 7200 120 GB HDD.

When I import most mpg videos (taken from my CYBERSHOT DSC-S600), which it's supposed to be mpg1 (VCD), and I just make the playback without any effect, it will jump several frames, (like frame after frame, but sometimes a frame before then normal, then returning to another frame). After rendering (ENTER), without any effect, the same problem, and after exporting to avi or mpg, the same problem (even if I just imported, rendered and export it).

What's the problem here?

Here's a sample of the problem. (it was changed to avi), (before the change the problem was still on it).
    YouTube - Jumpy Video in Premiere Pro Cs3

Have you rendered the preview? Other than that it could be a Field issue, try reversing the Fields.

gracias for answering Chuck, yes, I have rendered all the clip (it's only one), also, what do you mean by field issue? or how do I reverse that field?

In Premiere Elements it is as easy as a right click on the clip, select Field Options and then Reverse Field Dominance. I don't have Premiere Pro CS3 on this machine and can't remember if it is the same or not. You could probably get a pretty quick answer at the Adobe User 2 User forum or just type Reverse Field into the search box in Help.

Gracias guys, I converted the mpg file into AVI uncompressed DV AVI, and it works as it should, no jumpy or dropped frame.
    gracias again.

by the way, there's a very good software to convert almost to every format, and it's free.

it's named "SUPER".