Thread: 2000k cam budget - recommendations

Default 2000k cam budget - recommendations

Hi, I am new here and looking for some advice and pointers. Looking at buying some equipment.

Budget - 1500 to 2000 (max)
    Use - Camera to be used mainly for short clip type interviews and general filming in loud, dark band / event environment, but also in day time etc. Probably no more than a couple of hours recording at a time etc.

Must be able to take some form of mic input (poss XLR) but the better quality then great as going to be used for interviews etc

Am looking for pref to be able to possibly record to HD or Mem stick (as big as mem stick as possible)

Any help or advice is much appreciated on what to get, with some cams.. is it possible to record straight to SD cards such as 8gb ones and then take the video from that?

Am happy to answer any q's you throw at me...

Regards
    B

Hi again...

Been looking and digging around...

Peoples thoughts on . Panasonic AG-DVC30

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Just over 3000 for direct to card hdv recording, next is 4500 for the new sony.

Creative Video Panasonic Broadcast Dealers > Panasonic AG-HVX200 (AG HVX200, AGHVX200) DVC PRO HD Varicam camcorder with P2 media slots - Includes 2 year Panasonic Premium EU warranty.

Low light performance with some hdv cameras can be poor - make sure you check.

Blog Entries

If you are in the sd market then a camer larger than the pana you mention is likely to give better results - better lens, bigger ccds.

Considor sony pd170, canon xl2 or even something big - bargains are to be had in the sd 'pro' used market.

Some of the prices above the budget so looks like am going to sway away from the SD Card recording , but liking the sound of the Sony DSR-PD170 so will be doing some investigating into that camera.

If anyone can offer any other opinions and advice then please reply...

thanks

Ive been looking at high end cameras to-due to the fact i shall be getting a large sum of money soon. One cam that strikes me as amzing is the Jvc Gy-100U. Seems to have a load of options, and ive found it seccond hand for 1270:
    Professional video camera Jvc Gy-100U London Camcorders Video Cameras in London

Looks like a handy bit of kit. My only other pre-req would be that it is quite light and portable too, the cam above looks a little larger than some and would possibly be a little too on the bulky side, will do some comparison on sizes and weight though as that also looks like a bargain second hand ... saving me money !!

brett

Blog Entries

That looks like a very tempting deal to me. Some early jvc's of that model had a fault that meant each side of the picture could appear out of sync - if you fo for it best ask if it is an issue.

Also this camera only records in progressive in hdv mode, but it will also do sd interlaced.

I was very close to getting one of these myself a year back.