Thread: Video Ghosting Problem

Arrow Video Ghosting Problem

Hello

I'm using Adobe Premier Pro 2.0 to put together a little promotional video for new sports being offered at a school.

I've edited a quick video as an insert - its a montage of South Park clips from a South Park episode. The problem is when I playback the final video (in Premier and also after i've exported it) there is a ghosting effect which makes the video seem very blurry and difficult to watch. The original video is not like that at all - it is clear and does not ghost.

Any suggestions as to how i can get rid of this problem? (just in case you were wondering - i have NOT applied the Premier Pro ghosting effect to the video).

Here are the project settings i tried (which is identical to the source video):

Frame Size. 576 x 432 (4:3)
    Desktop Video
    Framerate: 23.976 fps
    Pixel aspect ratio: Square Pixels

I've tried different project settings but so far nothing has worked. Please help if you can.

Thank you very much.
    Alex

Blog Entries

Can you post a still / clip ?

Here is the video (including stills): http://youtube.com/profile?user=alexwilliams92

That is my Youtube channel - at time of writing the video hadn't finished being processed by YouTube but it should be up shorty on my channel page - its titled " Ghosting Problem in Premiere Pro 2"

Thank you
    Alex

Blog Entries

Hmm - interesting...

My first bet is that this may be caused by frame rate being changed - is the output f rate the same as the source?

I am wondering if it could be a reverse field issue, how are you capturing the footage?

Exclamation Video Settings

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Hmm - interesting...

My first bet is that this may be caused by frame rate being changed - is the output f rate the same as the source?
    Yes, the output frame rate is the same as the source (23.976). I've also tried outputting to different codecs and file formats with various different settings, but so far nothing has worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Engels View Post
    I am wondering if it could be a reverse field issue, how are you capturing the footage?
    I'm not capturing the footage. I've extracted a scene from a South Park episode (which is on my computer) using Virtual Dub Mod. I then imported this clip into Adobe Premiere Pro 2. It looks fine in the source monitor, but as soon as i drag the clip to the timeline, the ghosting problem occurs when viewed in the preview monitor.

I did however get rid of the ghosting problem inside PP2 (by changing the Desktop Display Mode to 'Accelerated GPU Effects under 'Playback Settings' in the Project Settings). But as soon as i export it to a video file using PP2, the ghosting comes back no matter what media player / software program i use to play the file.

Any suggestions? This is quite an urgent problem as the deadline is not far off.

Here are the Source File Properties:

-576 x 432 (4:3 Aspect Ratio)
    -23.97 fps
    -Data Rate: 325 kbps
    -Video Sample Size" 16 bit
    -Video Compression: XviD

Here are the PP2 Project Settings:

*(under 'Custom Settings' - 'General' tab)
    -Editing Mode: Desktop
    -Timebase: 23.976 fps
    -Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)
    -Fields: Lower Field First

*Playback settings:
    -24p conversion method: Interlaced Frame
    -Desktop Display Mode: Accelerated GPU Effects

*Video Rendering
    -File Format: Video for Windows (selection is grayed out)
    -Compressor: Cinepak Codec by Radius (tried outputting the final video using different codecs - all had the ghosting problem)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Alex

P.S Are there any other decent forums that deal with Adobe Premiere that i might be able to use?

Question I know the problem but I don't have the solution!

OKé 2 years later sorry...

I think I got the same problem, however I know the problem but NOT the solution...

I got also Aspect at Square Pixels (1.0), in this case it's possible to get 1920x1080 (insteed of for example 1440x1080 with an aspect HD anamorphic 1080p). Using HD anamorphic 1080p solve the problem, but the resolution will be 1440x1080

So please, can anybody tell me why I get a kind of ghost effect if I choose Square Pixels? And how can I fix my problem?

EDIT:
    Also with the wrong setting (so Square Pixels) my filesize is 2x bigger.

SOLUTION!!

Finnaly!

You need to sequence right, like this (for 30FPS):

After that, choose Quicktime->MPEG-4 also Square Pixels & 30FPS like this:

Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Melroy van den Berg
    Last edited by danger89; 04-14-2010 at 01:16 AM.

Might this offer any help?

1080p - Elements Village

yes sorry, I just figure it out after a while. So I post the solution. Hopefully somebody else can do something with it.

EDIT:
    You can better select H.264 as Video Codec instead of MPEG-4.