Thread: Vegas 8 Frames

Default Vegas 8 Frames

Im am new to the forum and using Vegas software. Is there any way of importing a video clip and then saving a load of indiviual frames once the clip have been trimmed down to the part of the clip i wanted.

Hope that makes sence to you.

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiak View Post
    Im am new to the forum and using Vegas software.
    First off - what version of Vegas are you using: Full name version please - not just "using Vegas software."
    Is there any way of importing a video clip and then saving a load of indiviual frames once the clip have been trimmed down to the part of the clip i wanted.
    Oh yes. However depending on your answer to my first question, will rely HOW you do it and HOW easy it is.
    Hope that makes sence to you. Thx
    Does to me.

Grazie

i am using Song Vegas Pro 8

In the full version Vegas - I think since V5 - scripting has made the process of repetitive activities a single click affair! Bit like macros.

I use Edward Troxel's Excalibur. This creates "Snapshots" at Markers. For example, placing 100 markers through a piece on the Timeline and using this script will produce 100 JPG thumbnails!

There is another Script that does do Event Thumbnails. But I can't track it down??

Grazie

Thank you that Info ill look around the Net for some scrips and Edward Troxel's Excalibur.

Also Can scripts From ealier versions of Vegas work on the newer versions ?

Thx again.
    Last edited by Zodiak; 01-08-2008 at 12:00 PM.

Also Can scripts From ealier versions of Vegas work on the newer versions ?
    Scripts aren't "from" Vegas they are tiny 3rd party produced/authored/developed bits of s/w often created by individuals for free, for Vegas. However, Excalibur, and separately, Ultimate S, developed for VASST by Johnny Rofrano, are suites of s/w, rich with editing tools. Get your hands on demos of these and make your life easier!

I know that both these packages are being continually upgraded to work with the present flavour of the pro versions of Vegas. It's a process of continuous improvement. Now, the "freebie" scripts are also often updated, but as they ARE free sometimes it can take time for these to be updated; "scripters" to be interested enough to tweak them and User demand to be apparent for this to happen. Remember, they are free!! However, often these scripts are used as means for other script developers to provide a method to gain ideas to improve and make even more elaborate and sophisticated scripts. We are truly fortunate that this is so. The whole scripting development has provided a type of portal into Vegas, that I'm guessing, is the envy of other mainline NLE packages.

OK, scripting for Vegas started when Vegas was owned by Sonic Foundry. And now that it is owned by SONY there was a period that required the scripts had to have a tiny edit within them to allow them to work. And during this handover there was much activity on the scripting front to get scripts using the "new" name within the program. But it did happen. However, there are still some rogue scripts out there which have STILL not yet been renamed. Be warned.

So, all in all, scripting is a substantial plus for Vegas. It combines a simple User method of applying tedious tasks with a one click solution with an open-source-type community opportunity for scripting developers/programmers to be part of the non linear editing experience. This should not be under estimated. And again, I also bet other NLE platforms are looking very hard at this process.

What is the future of scripting? Will the scripts I use today work in Vegas 9>10>11>12 ? I couldn't say. Of course I can't. But I do know that the ones I have been using since Vegas5, mostly now also work in VegasPro8. And those that don’t have dropped away anyway – being naturally superseded by improvements in the GUI in Vegas itself. What I will say is that in the whole process of IT evolution from the early '80s to date, it HAS been a roller-coaster ride of excitement and achievement. Will scripting, in the form we know it today, and the process of scripting be around in the future? No idea! – However, presently I use them for ease of doing tasks that wouldn't dream of contemplating before they existed. Now, once THAT Genni was let out of the bottle, I'm fairly certain that Users will NOT want to push it back in. Consequently there will be developers eagerly wanting to either cut their teeth on showing what they can do and other developers that will throw their hat into the commercial ring to provide "some" form of User interface to make Vegas work even better than it does at present.

Sorry for the long winded reply, but I think you can see I am quite passionate about the value of scripting for Vegas. And yes, I am in total AWE of the abilities of these guys and gals who have the intelligence to do it. If you get a mo, check out anything, ANYTHING that John Meyer has developed - he is a total marvel! But again there are many others who have done wonders too.

Best regards,

Grazie

Thank you for that Explanation. this will help me a lot as i am new to all this video editing and animation scene.