Thread: Two new user questions

Default Two new user questions

Hello everyone and happy new year. I am new to the site and have likely two basic questions.

I am doing a :30 slide show with several still images, but need a logo in the bottom corner of the entire video. Is this possible without having to put it on every image?

My last question is from a previous video that I created. (You will have to forgive me because I had to teach the program to myself in about 4 hours. So I know I am limiting its opportunities.) How do I make sure that each image fits the screen. In my last video the black border changed when some of the stills changed. I want each image to fit to the screen and stay the same during the video's duration.

Thanks for any tips and let me know if I need to further clarify.

TDA-Digital Guest

Maybe I can help on the first of your questions by providing this YouTube tutorial, but your second question is an area that I don’t have that much experience in, so I have to let that one go; but try this for the watermarking:

YouTube - Adding a watermark or video bug logo in Sony Vegas

And by the way “Welcome” to the forum.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFisher99 View Post
    How do I make sure that each image fits the screen.
    Hi and welcome.
    To make the image fit the screen you need to do one of the following
    1: Make sure your image has the same aspect ratio as your project - that is if your project is 16:9 make sure your images are all 16 x 9
    2: Crop the images within Vegas to force them to be the same aspect ratio as your project.
    3: Stretch (disfigure) the image to match your output aspect ratio.

(1) is achieved outside Vegas
    (2) & (3) are achieved using Pan & Crop....
    each event (eg your images) on the timeline will have two icons down the left hand side (three icons if it's generated media). The top (middle) one is the pan/crop icon. Click on it and the pan/crop window will open up. Play with this a while, whilst watching the results in the preview window. You'll learn far quicker that way than if I give you step by step instructions (to say nothing of me avoiding RSI)

Default Thank you

Thank you for all of your responses. You answered my question.

Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Blog Entries

Not usually something I would recommend, but for one day only there is a giveaway of a watermarking / logo placement s/w solution at...

Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Video Watermark Factory - Powerful yet simple-to-use solution for video editing and copyright protection.

About 22 hours left of the giveaway.