Hello Fellow Members,
A safe, prosperous and happy new year to all!

I currently use Arcsoft Showbiz DVD 2 with an HP DVD Movie Writer DC5000. Most of my work is transferring analog video which I edit and then save to DVD. I usually have no problems except when adding stills from their collection, so I rarely use them.

However, I have recently come across a problem with a VHS copy of some video I shot myself on VHS-C and tried to edit and save on DVD. Editing was fine, and when I created the disc the program did not warn me of any problems and merely stated that authoring was completed successfully. When I put the disc in a player however, the show stopped at the end of Chapter 7 and went back to the main menu, and did not show the last three chapters. I switched from HP to Memorex discs, and got the same problem. I edited out the few seconds where the program stopped and tried again, still the same results. Finally I re-edited the entire show from the original tapes, saved all the scenes as MPEG-2 files as well as the completed edited show, and burned a DVD. This time the results were even worse, all I got was about 10 seconds of image and a couple seconds of audio and then it jumped back to the Main Menu.

Oddly enough, I tried making a DVD of some VHS tapes this past weekend (12/29/07), with no editing, and the disc came out fine with no problems at all.

I am using a Pentium 4 processor with 1.7 GHZ and 500 MB RAM. And I'm burning to DVD+R's using the HP Movie Writer.

I'm at a loss to figure out what is causing this problem. All I can think of is that either there was a problem with the transfers or I need more memory to handle these projects.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had similar problems, or if anyone can suggest any solutions. Also I apologize for the long message, but I figure I should give as many details as possible. By the way, I do like using Showbiz and hope to continue using it.

Thank you.