Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: music track on wedding clip!

Smile music track on wedding clip!

Hi,

Some of you may have seen this particular clip before, but I have had to change the music track to royalty free for advertising purposes.

Just wondering if the track was ok with this clip, as I always have a dilema with music....

Thank you

GDR
    Last edited by GDR; 01-14-2008 at 08:23 PM.

I struggle with music, too All the "good stuff" is copyrighted

I am floored by your video, just as I was the first time. LOVED IT. I'm taking notes for my next wedding. Great work, the music works really well.

Blog Entries

Just to be pedantic - ALL stuff is copyrighted***. The difference is whether you have permission to use it.

*** OK, not strictly true, but the stuff you're likely to be talking about here.

I'd question your definition of "good" stuff, though. I think "familiar" would be a better definition of what people want to hear on a video - especially wedding video.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Hey GDR - you the man - that is great work - art - no apologies needed.

If I ever get married - you get the job for sure.

Great shhoting - great editing.

The music worked well - if anything better with an anonymous tune.

I would try bringing the music in slowly at the start with a lot of reverb that slowly reduces as the vol increases - for me the intro was a bit abrupt. Nit picking.

Hi Mark, spot on, and well observed with the beginning of the music! I forgot to use the rubber band to bring in the music and only realised after I rendered it out to wmv!

I have rectified this for the master though, and thank you for your words of encouragement

Cheers
    GDR
    Last edited by GDR; 01-03-2008 at 12:00 PM.

I shouldn't worry about using other people's music for small stuff like weddings...the legal people don't concern themselves with stuff like that. Please let me know of just ONE case that they have prosecuted someone for using commercial music on a wedding because I will be very interested. Only when you are distributing lots of them publicly you need to get serious permission.

Blog Entries

It's not just about whether you get caught though. Here in the UK there's now absolutely now way a wedding videographer can be accused of not being able to get the appropriate licence to include copyright music - there's several sites available to do this. And it's not expensive.

But what's more important is that we're all creative people that want to protect our right to be considered the owner of our material. As such, it seems somewhat counter-productive for us to use other people's work for commercial gain without permission and without paying. After all, if a videographer uses music without permission, he should expect his clients to simply make their own copies of the DVD.

he should expect his clients to simply make their own copies of the DVD
    Thats just it, they do, and who can really stop them! Thats why I now give more copies as standard and add it to the overall price of my package.

That way I get paid, and more people get to see my work.

Cheers, GDR

Blog Entries

Music and copyright.... I have 10,000 mp3s all from limewire, do I feel guilty? No. Having said that I have never used any of those tracks in a commercial piece of work.

I think it is unprofessional and you could be setting your client up for a fall.

What would you think of a plumber who confessed to you he stole all his tools ?

Well, if the commercial music fits the video right and used briefly here and there - like on tv, I think thats okay. When a familiar song is played right the way to the end and drowns out the audio completely, I think its bad.

With regard to people making copies, I know a videographer that lost a lot of sales from the concerts he taped at Christmas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast