Thread: photos to dvd

Default photos to dvd

Is it possible to burn photos to a dvd in chapters so that I can view which photos I want without scrolling through hundreds to get there an can i add more photos later? Thanks

I presume it is possible, if you can insert chapter marks into a video then you just have to insert a new chapter mark where you have a new series of photos starting. Depending on what software you have available to you, this may be easy or difficult. To add more photos later you would just go back to the software, load in the project file with all the settings and start adding new photos. What software are you using?

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

Wow, DVD wasn't intended for this sort of thing so all the methods to do it are basically cheats and come with limitations. Most DVD authoring programs have a finite limit on the number of chapters, plus there are limits on how long you can view a single picture. DVDLAB-Pro can give you more control off these than most authoring programs.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70

Just found out that if I make a normal cd data disc with folders of computer it plays on any dvd player and shows the folders!

I used folders once aswell and couldn't access them, if you want to do it really cheap then just burn a lot of jpegs onto a cd and most dvd players will play them back for you. You can usually set a display time on the dvd player and type of transition between each photograph.

I typed a long winded "how to" make a dvd sized slide show with chapters and chapter menus that would play like a slide show THEN realized you were asking about picture archive data discs that you can view on a dvd player.

The dvd sized slide show I can help with - photo data discs you've already gotten good answers for.
    GoodLuck
    Last edited by imjay; 01-15-2008 at 12:39 AM.