Thread: Slowing down sound - please help

Question Slowing down sound - please help

First of all - I went through FAQ and all similiar threads but haven't found an answer to my problem:

How to slow down the sound of the clip according to the uaage of velocity curve used for the video part.

I know I can by using ctrl and dragging the clip make sound track longer and change the characteristic of that stretching in many different ways. But I need while cutting action BMX videos to slow down to video by going down from 100 percent to say 50 then 30 then 50 then 100 again. And the sound should follow that.

Once I read about some sound effect used for that. Any ideas? Thanks a lot in advance, I am desperate!

Quote Originally Posted by jara.bmx View Post
    How to slow down the sound of the clip according to the uaage of velocity curve used for the video part.
    Hmmm... I'm guessing here, but are you asking how to slowdown the audio but retain the same "pitch"? Please explain further?

Hope this helps
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for in persistance.
    http://www.ronsseacorner.co.nz/videos.htm
    SV 6, winXP SP2

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bakker View Post

Yeah, that is the thing I already know. Here we have the part that is slowed down at all parts to the same level (10 percent?). From the beginning to the end still 10 percent. The sound track to it is correct (that stretched), but not the timing.

How can you do the same sound effect but with the speed of the clip at the beginning 10 percent, then 40 percent, then 75 percent and sound of the clip should follow that. Did I make myself clearer?

And happy new year, guys..

Blog Entries

You can't! At least, not within Vegas. It's always struck me as strange that this isn't available.
    Tim

Tim is correct there is no "Audio Velocity", try trimming the audio and using the stretch at the various video changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    Tim is correct there is no "Audio Velocity", try trimming the audio and using the stretch at the various video changes.
    Oh, well. Is there any audio programme that is capable of that? Probably yes, any user -friendly?

You could prepare that outside of Vegas surely..

Quote Originally Posted by jara.bmx View Post
    Oh, well. Is there any audio programme that is capable of that?
    You are asking for Video and Audio to be slowed and speed-ed up AT the same time. This would mean that the A/V are cemented together. Why are you now asking for an audio s/w to do this? Wouldn;t this mean that you would ONLY be dealing with the audio? - And, as you ARE asking the question, are you crucially, fundamentally wanting to do something other than that has been suggested? - If this IS the case, what is it you want?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    ....It's always struck me as strange that this isn't available.
    Me too. It is about the only major thing that Sony do seem to have overlooked. If memory serves though, doesn't Audacity handle AV together? Perhaps I'm wrong, too long ago since I used it, but worth checking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    .... Why are you now asking for an audio s/w to do this? Wouldn;t this mean that you would ONLY be dealing with the audio?.....
    Not neccesarily.....IF I'm right about Audacity) It would seem to be a logical work around.
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 01-02-2008 at 11:32 AM.

That is just the logical solution of this problem - take your videoclip, adjust the speed velocity curve, then open sound track of the clip in audio editor, create the same curve and import. Not really handy but it works.

This is quite specialized thing to do so I would do that occasionally. Any programme?