Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D After Effects Wedding Intro

Default 3D After Effects Wedding Intro

Hey folks - I've just wrapped up my most recent major project, which was a 40 minute vid of my cousin's wedding. While I'm ashamed to admit how much time went into it, I can tell you that I ended up breaking the triple-digit mark for hours. Much of that time was spent learning how to make some of the effects in After Effects that I wanted. There was also quite a bit of "fix" work - I was the best man, so much of my footage was shot by other people, lots of audio problems, etc.

Here is the first After Effects portion - I welcome your criticism, and I'm sorry to say that I hope you folks appreciate it much more than its initial audience did.

YouTube - Justin and Ashley's Wedding Intro

More info: The photographer was decent, but not professional - this left me with an unfortunately small number of viable photos. The people were extracted from the background using photoshop, and the backgrounds behind them were recreated in photoshop as well. These files were brought into after effects for motion treatment and arrangement to music. The final animation was created using a custom-made panorama shot and plenty of keyframes. The first scene of the movie begins shortly after the title fades - the camera pans to another photo in the pile which begins a montage with a new song.

Thumbs up Cool

I sure liked it that was some weding. Well done

The only thing i didn't like is just how obvious with the people not going with the background but thats just me. Other than that, That was nice, good work.
    We are ready to shock the world

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderP87 View Post
    The only thing i didn't like is just how obvious with the people not going with the background but thats just me. Other than that, That was nice, good work.

Thats part of the effect, it gives it a 3d sort of look, AK over at videocopilot has a tutorial on it. i thought the intro was very good.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by guitarfaces View Post
    ..... I'm sorry to say that I hope you folks appreciate it much more than its initial audience did.....
    That sounds like it didn't go down too well with the happy couple? This effect is being seen more and more in TV documentaries these days - I would have thought people were used to it by now

Nicely done.

Hey all - thanks so much for the feedback.

Regarding the reaction from the audience themselves - for example, the bride herself was very "underwhelmed". She watched the entire video as though she'd expected nothing less. That's fine, of course - our tasks are often thankless - but it wasn't quite the reaction I was hoping for.

That's honestly one of the reasons I shared this video - and I appreciate the feedback. Hopefully the next one will be the tear-jerker that I've been aiming for.

Thumbs up It was great

Quote Originally Posted by guitarfaces View Post
    Hey all - thanks so much for the feedback.

Regarding the reaction from the audience themselves - for example, the bride herself was very "underwhelmed". She watched the entire video as though she'd expected nothing less. That's fine, of course - our tasks are often thankless - but it wasn't quite the reaction I was hoping for.

That's honestly one of the reasons I shared this video - and I appreciate the feedback. Hopefully the next one will be the tear-jerker that I've been aiming for.
    ====
    Well I liked the effect it gave and I am sure the party involved liked it. It was well thought out I felt. The pictures were quality I sure would not change my ways of working.

I thought it was excellent.

A lot of time and effort goes into making these kind of compositions. It's a sad fact that most brides don't even realise the time etc something like this can take.

Next time just give them a simple slideshow

gdr

Quote Originally Posted by GDR View Post
    Next time just give them a simple slideshow

gdr
    Ha! "Windows Movie Maker Presents Your Wedding Day"

Thanks again for the feedback, all. It's much appreciated.

I love that this intro was moved from user videos to The Professionals > Wedding and Event Videography. It gives me hope that I might someday be paid for these services, as opposed to my current business model: "Hey, sounds fun! Let me grab my camera."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast