Thread: Protax DV7 Digital Video Camcorda 11MP ???

Question Protax DV7 Digital Video Camcorda 11MP ???

Hi,

Im new to Video Editing and i must admit im enjoying learning this and getting ok at i guess, for my mums birthday im going to be doing a film about her which will have old pictures of her and when she got married and when her mum and dad died and also will include interviews with my uncle, grandmar and grandad and other family members, now i dont have a camcorda and i just bought this and was wondering what you guys think of it, is it any good for what im goign to be doing?

11.0 MP PROTAX DV7 DIGITAL VIDEO CAMCORDER CAMERA

Thanks !

This line caught my eye...

Digital Camcorder:
    320x240 up to 20fps/640x480 up to 15fps

Full motion video needs 720 x 576 pixels at 25fps for PAL tv or 720 x 480 pixels at 30fps for NTSC tv and this 'pretender' seems to have neither. It will be fine for taking still pictures as that is what it is, a stills camera pretending to be a camcorder. You can also make videos to upload to YouTube if you want but that's about it.

And that 11MP is interpolated, in otherwords it's a bit of a con job.

crap, can anyone suggest a good one on ebay but at a low price please? ill try cancle this one :s

If any of you see 'camcorders' on sale in magazines (there's one that comes out with The News of The World on Sundays) for around 100 or on sale on any of the shopping channels, then they are not real camcorders. Yes, they will allow you to make movies, but for the web and viewing on the computer but nothing else. So don't be tempted to purchase one of these pieces of equipment thinking you are getting a bargain, the price of it should tell you straight away you cannot get a real digital camcorder for that price. If you only want to make web movies fine, but anything else will leave you sorely disappointed and feel conned. You will need to pay at least 200 Sterling upwards to get a real camcorder.

well which one on eBay would you recomend then?

also wat FPS do you get an a 4MP digital camera then because it looks ok if i used the digital camera, but i want a camcorder anyway.

Don't take this the wrong way but I won't be going on ebay to pick out a camcorder for you. You'll have to do that yourself, I don't recommend specific makes to anyone; if you want to get into editing then get a mini dv camcorder (canon, jvc, panasonic, sony etc - you can't go wrong with any of them) or if you only want to watch movies back then perhaps a hard disk or dvd model - but editing will be a bugger on it if you do decide you want to edit at a later stage. It's really up to you, if you want to get into editing, then get mini dv or if you don't then get a different kind of camcorder.

This is a digital video forum and therefore talking about stills cameras, whether it is 4mp or 11mp, is outside what we are obliged to do. Suffice to say you can shoot using single frames or if the camera has a burst mode then multiple frames can be fired off in quick succession. The frames you are referring to are the frames shot when recording video and not stills.