Thread: mikeh

Default mikeh

Can anyone help please? To transfer vhs to dvd I bought Cyberlink DVD Suite and Propix DVD, VCD and SVCD options along with installation disks and a burner. I also bought a scart with 'in' or 'out' switch. All went well for one short dvd but now I only have audio transferring and a blank screen, in other words, no picture being transferred. What am I doing wrong. Please help if possible. I am usinf Windows XP. mikeh

Blog Entries

Scart switch boxes are notirously unreliable (although the fact that it did once work suggests it's not the box that's causing the problem). Nevertheless, I recommend that you borrow a SCART to s-video cable that means you dobn't need the switch box to test this in the first instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Scart switch boxes are notirously unreliable (although the fact that it did once work suggests it's not the box that's causing the problem). Nevertheless, I recommend that you borrow a SCART to s-video cable that means you dobn't need the switch box to test this in the first instance.
    Thank you for advice. Initially I had a scart to S.video which worked partially - I only got black and white grainy transfer (with a hint of colour) but at least it was a picture. I was told I needed a scart with a switch for 'in' or 'out' and to use the composite connection transfer which was O.K. for one short (about 50 min.) film transfer. Then the picture got progressivly darker before disappearing completely. I will see if I can get a scart with a switch and S.video connection. Will let you know if successful!