Thread: Zoom or Close Up help please

Default Zoom or Close Up help please

I have some news film I want to play around with and incorporate with some original film, and I'd like to be able to get rid of the Sky News logo top and bottom. But I'd like the picture to be the same size as as the rest of the film.

If I create a black border in Photoshop and lay that over the top, my pictures will be smaller.

I found the 'zoom', but it starts where I want then gradually zooms back out, I want it to stay zoomed in throughout the clip.

If this has been asked before, point me to the answer.

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.

Blog Entries

The zoom funtion is part of the motion setting. Simply scroll to the end of the clip, apply the same zoom percentage and you will get a uniform zoom accross the whole clip.

Thanks Marc.

I asked around my club as well, belt and braces as it were, and got the following reply

With Motion applied, use the delay slider to extend the settings at the start of the clip to the whole clip. You should see a blue line extend to show you how much is affected.

I found that worked OK except for the opening 1%, but as I'd left some 'spare' at the start and end of the clip, it didn't matter.

As an alternative I was told to investigate the crop and/or clip filters, but I haven't tried that yet.

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.

Default Motion vs Transform for Zooming

You may want to use the Transform filter instead of the Motion filter. Using Transform will affect the entire clip, applying the same settings for it's entire length. (Unless of course, you set keyframes and change settings within the clip's duration.)

But based on your post, it looks like the Transform filter will do the trick nicely for you. In Premiere 6.5, the Transform filter is located in the "Distort" folder, not the "Transform" folder. (Yes, that is weird, but true.) Use the "Scale Height" and Scale Width" adjustments to zoom in on the clip to eliminate the edges you want to remove.
    Good Luck,
    Chris