Thread: Which DVD Labelling software?

Default Which DVD Labelling software?

There seems to be dozens of different software packages capable of producing labels for DVD/CDs.

Can anyone recommend a good one - particularly one that is easy to work with - with readily available stationary

Ta

Kevin

Blog Entries

Hi Kevin.

For DVDs I avoid labels at all costs and advise you do the same. Far better to buy printable discs and something like an Epson R300 which'll print directly onto your disc.

Why do you avoid them Andy?

Blog Entries

Weight - principally. Then theres the issue of the glues, balance of the disc, bubbling labels, presentation. The printable discs I use (verbatim) look great and are printable right up to the hole.

I would agree with Andy, buy printable discs instead and get a DVD burner with Lightscribe, that way you can burn your labels directly onto the surface and not worry about the problems listed.

Here here! Absolutley do not put any sticky labels onto a DVD you have burned. bad news all around for all the reasons you've read above. You'll find that a good proportion of those with labels do not play.

Printable media and a suitable printer is the only way to go. I've, personally, had best results with glossy printable Verbatim but the non-glossy kind are really fine, especially if you buy a can of fixative and give them a spray once the print had dried. Gives them a nice sheen!

I learned the very hard way about 3 yrs ago that you just cannot glue labels to dvd discs - a video production shop guy told me it involved weight and disc balance - so you can get away with glue on labels for cds but NOT dvds and why use paper and glue anyway when you can just buy direct print cd and dvd discs?

I have no lightscribe experience - looks like magic to me - so I agree with earlier poster that Epson makes GREAT yet inexpensive printers that will print incredible labels right on the printable discs.

I like some of my movie labels better than the commercial labels the movie maker used. I recall that I paid around $179 for my R300 Epson printer but they have had a model with same features for around $90.

The Epson printer comes with a disc of software and I found their label creation utility to be feature rich for professional looking labels yet very, very simple to figure out and use.
    GoodLuck

Yes, I have to agree Epson make some of the best printers currently available. Running costs in terms of inks aren't too bad either compared to other companies, Canon are good aswell.