Thread: file conversion ??/

Default file conversion ??/

ok hi this is my first pst and i was wondering if someone could help me

so a few of my basketball buddies and i have made a few videos
    and i want to put them all together. i filmed them on a camera phone
    then i put them on my laptop and they are mp4 files so when i try to import them onto windows movie maker it wont let me because it does not support mp4 files
    i know alot of you use adobe premeire but i was wondering how to convert them to a format that wmm supports

thanks alot

AKA

Try doing a search on Google to see if you can find an mp4 to wmv or avi convertor, you may even be able to find a free one. I can't guarantee the quality will be good as it is shot on a mobile phone firstly, and then having to transcode it from one video format to another so WMM can open it.

I've run into situations similar when the software I want to use for editing didn't support raw file type/codec.

I found a free file transcoder called MediaCoder and, so far, it has always recognized the raw file type/codec and easily transcoded it to a more program friendly type file. This utility program appears to be safe and I recall finding it recommended by Kim Kommando (Digital Goddess) at her website's download page.

Try doing a Google for mediacoder downloads or find the link at kim kommando.

I would suggest you transcode your camera files to mpeg2 which should be compatible with most all editing programs including the one you are trying to use. You do not need the expense or difficulty of use with pro software like Adobe Premiere to achieve a nice little program of your basketball exploits.
    GoodLuck

Blog Entries

'super c' is my current fav transcoder - free and the best imho.

WOW and tell me more. Please tell me more about "super c" and where it might be found (of couse I can google) and how it might differ from mediaconverter.

The more options one has for file transcoding/converting the better.
    Thanks
    Jim

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']When using the Windows Movie Maker,It may loss [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']animations and sounds in your video.It is more suitable to make [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']presentation which just contains pictures and texts that are static.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]