Thread: problem with text on my video

1. Default problem with text on my video

Good morning all - when i upload my video into editor it has the words PICVideo M JPEG3 at the top and Pegasus Imaging | Imaging Toolkits and SDKs | Image Compression and Editing | JPEG at the bottom > It also shows this wehn played with wmp and nero showtime but NOt with quicktime player. I've looked at the products pegasus sell and checked in my add/remove progs and none of them r there. Can anyone please help me...i have to edit the scholl nativity play and this is holding me back.

Thanks in advance
    CoolBlonde

Did you record this material yourself or did someone else? What type of camcorder was it recorded on, how was the camcorder connected to the computer? I'm not familiar with the products pegasus sells, in fact I think this is the first time I've heard them mentioned on this forum. Do they have a website or any help files that come with their software? Which editor are you referring to in the first line of your post?

3. Default thanks

Hi
    Thanks for replying..I sen email to pegasus and got this reply
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Jeanette,[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Some third-party companies tend to include the trial version of our PICVideo M-JPEG codec in with their software as a bundle package, unaware to the user. Please follow the guide below to have the codec removed...however I can't find the prog tho have found the dll in systems file...unsure of what to do.[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Jeannie[/FONT]

if there is only a trial version of PICVideo M-JPEG codec included in the software, then there isn't much you can do apart from purchasing the full version. You could do a search for PICVideo M-JPEG codec on Google and see if it is available to purchase and download; but it may be easier and less expensive to purchase a full version editor such as Adobe Premiere Elements 4, which will do all you want as far as capturing, editing and burning is concerned. You still haven't said which video editor you are using?

5. Default

Hi Nik
    Thanks so much 4 ur help. I've had 2 buy the codec to get rid of the watermark...20mins l8r and still w8ing 4 email from them. i use magix video editor the most...and nerovision to burn....u recommend Adobe Premiere Elements 4, can I ask u why.

merry christmas

The reason why I suggest an all in one program APE4 is that you don't have to worry about file settings being changed when you save a file in one program and then open it up (or try to open it up) in another. Personally, I think it's much easier to do all your video work in one program (capture, editing and burning) compared to splitting the job between two or three separate programs.

And a belated Merry Christmas to you also.

Lightbulb PICVideo M JPEG

Hello,

Sorry for your issues with PICVideo. We just spotted this post in Google alerts. Wish we were quicker to help.

Something has installed a trial version of our PICVideo Motion JPEG CODEC. You either need to uninstall or register this product to make our watermark go away.

As it discusses on our website: http://www.pegasusimaging.com/picvideofaq.htm, to uninstall the CODEC: Go to the Start Menu, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. You will be presented with a list of all programs found in the Programs directory. Select PICVideo CODECs from the list. Run the uninstaller then restart the computer. Verify that the files: pvmjpg21.dll, pvmjpg20.dll, pvmjpg20.hlp, pvljpg20.dll, pvwv220.dll, pvmjpg30.dll, and pvmjpg30.chm do not exist on your system. If they do, delete them. (They would have been placed in the Windows system folder by the installer - often c:windows\system32 or winnt\system32 - in any case, search the whole system for best results) If these files are found after running the uninstaller, just delete them.

The message you have indicates you have v3, so the DLLs you would have would have a '3' in them.

All purchases are delivered usually within one hour by email. Make sure to whitelist jpg.com, and here is the special $28 price: http://www.pegasusimaging.com/picvideospecial.htm

If you have any issues, email support@jpg.com.

Happy Holidays!
    Pegasus Imaging Support

--
    http://www.jpg.com/ - Pegasus - The BETTER JPEG People!
    The JPEG Wizard free web compression testing: http://www.jpegwizard.com/
    --

8. Default NOT impressed.

Hi
    As I don't have PicVideo installed it is NOT in my program files. I found only one of the dll files in windows/system32 folder but it would NOT delete. I have been blackmailed into purchasing this to get rid of your watermark.....NOT impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBlonde View Post
    Hi
    As I don't have PicVideo installed it is NOT in my program files. I found only one of the dll files in windows/system32 folder but it would NOT delete. I have been blackmailed into purchasing this to get rid of your watermark.....NOT impressed.
    Hi again,

Whoa..... Tried to help. If you want a refund, email sales@jpg.com. We did not install our program secretly on your computer, nor make it 'non-delete-able'. If the DLL is locked, re-boot and delete before starting any programs, because it is only locked if being used. If you did not install our trial, something you purchased, like a camera, did it for you. Our trial version is everywhere, and completely without asking us first.

Good luck,
    Pegasus Support