Thread: Photoshop elements

Default Photoshop elements

I'm currently enjoying Elements 3.0, and I'm looking to add to the experience.
    I'm getting Sony's Cinescore - recommended from here - for Christmas, and wondered about the benefits of adding Photoshop Elements.

Can anyone give me a brief heads up on the benefits of having this program for my movie editing?

Many thanks in advance.

The abiltiy to edit DVD Menu Templates is one, you can pretty much completely recreate an existing template.

Another good thing is the ability to use PSD files in your Premiere Elements projects rather than jpeg or tif files. Premiere Elements likes PSD files and handles them much better in general.

The organizer in Photoshop Elements is a nice tool also, it can be used to catalog your video clips as well as still images.

There are many reasons to have a good photo editing tool, and Photoshop Elements is one of the best. It works even better with After Effects and Premiere Pro where you can actually utilize the layers from PSD files as separate images. You can export each layer as a separate image and use those in Premiere Elements to get some great effects.

I cannot vouce fro the Elements suite but if Premiere Elements menus are anything like Encore menus then Phototshop Elements may not be enough. Menu PSD files in Encore use layer groups a lot and the last time I looked, layer groups were not available in Photoshop Elements.

As for Sony Cinescore. I thought it was free. You can download a free versions with some music and then just buy more music later.

Layer Groups/sets have been part of Premiere Elements since version 5

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Engels View Post
    Layer Groups/sets have been part of Premiere Elements since version 5
    Cool. Didn't know that. I've only used Elements v2 (cos the disk came with my camera) and you can't there.

Cinescore is a 30 day trial whereas Wavepad is free.