Thread: PaintShopPro to Vegas

Default PaintShopPro to Vegas

I have a picture of an anvil in PaintShop. I erased the background and want to import just the anvil into Vegas. When I try, it imports the background too. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

7 digit Rick.
    5 on the neck,
    2 on the pick.

When you save the file for import into Vegas, you need to save the file in a format that will retain the APLHA channel. This channel supports the "transparent" information. If you don't, you will get exactly what you are getting.

When I do this work - quite a bit if it - I use the PNG format and when I save in PSP, I use the optimize section of the PNG wizard. If you HAVE done this and you are STILL getting a background/non-transparent background - (is it black?) - then you need to right click on the Event/Still and:

GO > Properties > Media > Alpha Channel > and either choose Premultiplied OR Premultiplied (dirty)

So,to recap:

A] Prepare your still in PSP ensuring you have retained the Alpha Channel

B] In Vegas ensure you have selected one of the forms of the Alpha Channel within the Event's/Still's Media Properties.

That's about it, really,

Grazie

Grazie,
    Thank you so much! The background was white and the PNG did the trick. If the background was black, (as you asked) would I have needed to do something different?

7 digit Rick.
    5 on the neck,
    2 on the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratist View Post
    If the background was black, (as you asked) would I have needed to do something different?
    Of course you ARE guessing correctly AND a good question. Guess what? You can have ANY colour as your background. ANY! So long as this is the colour you elect to pick FOR your BG. I asked if you were seeing black 'cos sometimes a user HAS got half of the process correct - saved the ALPHA channel but are in fact seeing it as a solid black - they still need to set the AC within their Media Props. Yeah, I know, I should get out more . .

As nobody else is reading this stuff, I'll let you into BIG a secret.

If you do have a background that is SOLID-ish, you could ALSO do this within Vegas using the Chroma Key Fx and PICK the keying-out colour AS you background! Neat huh!!!

Season Grittins'

Grazie

Thany you Grazie. That will save some time.