Thread: Credits not fluid after exporting project, help!?

Default Credits not fluid after exporting project, help!?

Hi!

I'm having a bit of a problem when trying to export my project in Premiere CS3. In my project I've created a title with rolling credits. If I play the video in Premiere the movie plays fluid and looks quite good. The problem, however, occurs when I export my project to a *.avi/*.m2v or *.mp4 file. When I do this the credits which looked perfectly fine before stops rolling fluidly from top to bottom instead they kind of jumps upwards in small steps. No big jumps but enough for a viewer to notice. Am I missing something when I export the moovie should I look to change the fps of the renderd video or is a codec I should try. I'm kind of new to this but I'm learning. All help is appreciated.

Thanks
    /Skorpan

Does the video play alright or does it jump aswell? Did it take a long time to render the titles and what spec is your computer?

The Video only consists of still pictures but the timeline marker is jumping a bit. It took approximately 1-2 min for 16sec of video to render the processor load was about 50%. The computer is a P4 3.0Ghz with 1Gb of ram and a Nvidia 6200 graphics card. It didn't seem to be too much for the computer but who knows.

Your computer spec is more than adequate for the job, I just wonder what software are you using to view/playback your *.avi/*.m2v or *.mp4 files in?

I used VLC and windows media player and the result was the same in both players. by the way the resolution I try to render is 720x480 widescreen NTSC and the fps is 29.97 fps (also tried 23.9.. fps with the same result).

When using VLC and Windows Media Player did you get any error reports saying the file couldn't be played. I've noticed recently in WMP (I don't have VLC) that what I believe to be a standard .avi file will not play in it. Whether something has been changed or left out of the most recent version of WMP (Vista) I don't know, but it was never this difficult to play back .avi files in previous versions (or am I looking at it through rose tinted spectacles?). Maybe if you try downloading updates or codecs from Microsofts website that might help it, or you could try downloading one of the many alternative free (and much better) media players that are available.

Nope, no errors are reported but I'm wondering if there isn't something thats not right with the codes or the like on the computer I'm using because If I use my laptop instead and tries the same thing (although with a new project) it works quite well. I'm not sure but I guess it's possible?