Thread: Please help me out.......

Unhappy Please help me out.......

Hi,

I'v got a SONY Mini DV - DCR-HC38E handycam (purchased 1 month back). I'v done the recording by it. Now I want to capture those recordings in my PC through USB cable using the software provided with the set. But whenever I'v tried to do so, its unable to capture in PC.

Infact I'v tried in 3 different PCs the problem remain same. Each n every time I'm trying to capture through the software its showing "unable to detect iLink cable". Though the USB cable is atteached with camera and connected to the PC. Now kindly suggest me what to do?
    Is there any problem with USB cable or with the port in handycam????
    I'm really upset about the matter. Its my humble request kindly suggest a proper solution to overcome the problem.
    I'll be eagerly waiting for your reply.

Regards,
    AC

Blog Entries

iLink is a another term for firewire. Your problem is that you've connected via USB and not firewire. The solution? Buy a firewire cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    iLink is a another term for firewire. Your problem is that you've connected via USB and not firewire. The solution? Buy a firewire cable.
    Thanks for the valuable suggestion. Then I've to buy the firewire cable, will this work? Or I've to buy something else for the PC also? What will be the price? Actually I'm novice in this field so these may be very irritating questions for you. But I'm very much interested in this digital editing field. So kindly help me out.

No you have nothing else to buy, just get the Firewire cable and connect it between your camcorder and computer (make sure you have a Firewire socket on your computer first), if you don't then buy a PCI Firewire card and insert that into a free PCI slot inside your computer.