ok, i'm really frustrated, i turn to these forums for a last plea of help. PLEASE take some time to help me
I recently spen $5,000 on a sony HVR-V1U from ebay, is amazing quality and picture etc. my computer for some reason has only detected it ONCE and since then its never been found. and yes, i tried on several other computers.
after days of google-ing and contacting support i resolved that i must have broken the camera's iLink/firewire port by hotcrossing cables.
desperate, i spent a further $3,000 on a sony HDV GV-HD700 tape deck, hoping my problems would be solved and it would to the job my camera wouldn't. GHASP!! no. no detection, no nothing!! the deck is stunning also, but i have no use for it unless i can get footage onto my computer!!
I AM DESPERATE PEOPLE
my firewire seems to work fine, i've tried so many things its no funny. here are a few:
- i have updated/reinstalled motherboard drivers
- i have updated/reinstalled video card drivers
- i have spent at least 10 hours on the internet searching for reslutions
- i have tried uninstalling/disabling/enabling the firewire device, in all manner of compinations
- i have purchased several firewire cables, all working
- i have tried changing settings on both devices, between DV/HDV, iLink converter etc
- i have purchased SEVERAL good quality editing/capturing programs: ulead 8, sony vegas 7, adobe premier cs3
i need help. please, i have spent over $8000 dollars and cannot even get movies from the devices to my computer.
my computer is only a year old, 2 gigs of ram, 2 SLI linked PX7950 gt video cards, good motherboard and stuff