Thread: Pro 2.0 wants to render all my clips...

Default Pro 2.0 wants to render all my clips...

Hi all:

New to the forum, lots of great info!

I've used 6.5 for a while but now have 2.0; I am now using a Sony DSR200 with a hard drive as my weapon of choice; I've set my project for DV to NTSC, standard widescreen, sound at 48 but for some reason when I drop a clip in the timeline it wants to render it (red line above); am I missing something? I copied a timeline to DVD and it was all jittery and not very clear (too much rendering?); what other settings should I be checking?

Any help would be appreciated!

Blog Entries

That normally happens when the video attributes are different to the ones set within the project (eg NTSC in a PAL preset). Please check your project settings against the video information.

Thanks for the reply Marc! Yeah, I figured I covered all those bases and had the project set correctly, it's almost like there's something wrong with the Sony video I'm bringing in. It works just fine if I set the project and bring in some older 4:3 video- still stumped!!!

Maybe re-load Premiere?

Cheers!

It's probably the mpeg video file format your movie is in, Premiere has a BIG problem handling it. I think you said it yourself with 'it's almost like there's something wrong with the Sony video I'm bringing in.'

Sony hard disk camcorders and Adobe Premiere, not a match made in heaven to say the least...

Hmmm, thanks for the feedback; at one time I had heard that hard disk camcorders weren't great for video editing but my buddy who's actually in the movie industry figured it wouldn't be a problem so I went with it instead of my original intention which was to go with mini-DV again...

Any ideas on how I can make this marriage last?...

Blog Entries

I must admit to being a bit outside of the loop with Premiere, but you can buy MPEG plugins for that will take the hard work out of rendering for you. (And yes, DV would have been the way to go!)
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 12-17-2007 at 09:49 PM.

Now you can turn around and tell your buddy in the movie industry what you've learned about hard disk camcorders, their awkward file types and Adobe Premiere.

Marc, what is a MPEG plug in and how does it work? Will video quality suffer?

Never fails, every time I try to upgrade I seem to take 2 steps back!

Cheers!