Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crackly Sound

Default Crackly Sound

Ive just finished editing the first little peice of footage ive got with my new video camera..

This is my first experience with a cam corder and Premier Pro 7.

I have a 1 minute 44 second movie with the audio from the camera and a backing track. However when i export the project, using the "Export > Adobe Media Encoder", to .wmv, the audio is crackly whenever someone talks when i play it back (using Windows Media Player, not inside Premiere).

So, i decided to remove the backing track to see what difference it made, and played it back im WMP and it was fine, clear sound with no crackling.

So i decided to remove the audio from the camera and keep the backing track, to see what difference it made. I played it back and it was again fine, clear sound with no crackling..

I added both the audio from the cam and the backing track, and exported that using the same settings that gave me clear sound on the last two attempts and when i played it back in WMP it was crackly again..

This is annoying me soo much and i havnt tried so many different setting before i exported it, and i have exported it a total of 26 times so far, and still - every single one is crackly..

Can anyone help me out with this? Id be so greatful!

Thanks.

* - Dom

Blog Entries

Try changing the audio sampling rate fromm 48000 to 44000 (or vice versa)[/i]

Sorry, I dont know how..

Heres a screenshot of the settings im using to export at the moment

( im a total n00b at Premiere so if theres anything else on here that youd advise me changing please say : ) )

Blog Entries

Ok, see the drop down box that says 128kbps, 44KHz etc, change this to one that says ... 48KHz ...

It's always best to use one of the templates and try and match the output format to the input. If you're from North America, this should fix your problem...

If you're from North America, this should fix your problem...
    Im from the UK.. :p

and i just tried changing it to "128kbps, 48KHz, 2 Channel 24 bit CBR" and its still crackly.. :(

(Sorry for double posting - i dont think theres an edit button..)

The video im working with was captured with Windows Movie Maker and is in .wmv could this be anything to do with it? although i am exporting it in .wmv? (i've also tried different formats to export, but its always been .wmv that im editing)

Blog Entries

Don't worry about double posting (I turned off the edit feature )

Might be worth a try capturing in DV AVI, then export in Premiere using one of the PAL templates!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Don't worry about double posting (I turned off the edit feature )

Might be worth a try capturing in DV AVI, then export in Premiere using one of the PAL templates!
    I posted another thread about capture, cause i only have USB leads (i did install the USB drivers for my cam) no programs recognise the camera as DV.. except WMM so thats why i had to capture it in .wmv.. :\

Blog Entries

I'll have a play around with WMV in Premiere Pro tommorow to see if I can come up with a solution. In the mean time, it may sound a bit lame, but try encoding to DV AVI first, then inputing this into windows media encoder... http://www.marcpeters.co.uk/Windows-...Encoder-9.html worth a (very long) shot!

Ok thanks alot mate, and thanks for the really fast replys..

I have to be up early tomorrow so I think I'll leave the encoding to DV AVI etc for now and maybe give it a go tomorrow if you have no luck..

Again, thanks alot!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast