Thread: Be the creator of Lego or Disney's new campaign!

Default Be the creator of Lego or Disney's new campaign!

Hey,

I've been looking around your boards for a bit and I've seen some very creative people around here. I know about a website that I think can be very interesting for you to have a look at

The website is called BootB.com. Have a look!

I'm sure you've all seen commercials on TV of which you thought "I could have thought of a better way to promote that". BootB is a company that lets you do just that! Large companies like Lego, Disney and Peugeot have briefs with BootB, looking for new ways to promote their products. The idea behind BootB is that not the marketing agency, but the people come up with these new ideas. Young and old, country or language doesn't matter. Everyone can have their say The website itself supports 12 languages, your suggestions can be in any language!

Of course working for companies like Peugeot, Lego and Disney is quite lucrative. Not to mention the bragging rights

if you have any further questions about BootB, I'll be glad to answer them for you

Regards,

Richard

I am a WebRep for BootB. Verify this posting at webrepassociates and enter code: 7t5sdaa5p

Blog Entries

Okay, so we pitch ideas on your site. Ad agencies look at our ideas (for which we haven't been paid a penny) and, if they like what they see, they won't just copy the ideas and claim them as their own... oh no... They will be honest and contact me, offering thousands of pounds for an idea which they could have for nothing.

If you find someone who believes this, then my aunt, The tooth fairy and my Uncle Santa would like to meet them!

Blog Entries

Hmmm... that thought crossed my mind too.
    BTW Guru does your aunt really know the tooth fairy ?

His aunt is the tooth fairy.

Hey,

I understand your concerns about the payment, but I assure you that this is nothing you have to worry about

The budget for a brief goes "in the box", this is done via an ESCROW account. That means that, until a solution is met, both the brand owner and the potential creator cannot touch the money. If a suitable solution is found, the company, by legal contract, is to inform BootB about this, and the money stored in the ESCROW account will be released, and transferred to the creator.

To quote from the Q&A on the website:
    BootB is trustworthy, because it delivers. It delivers to the purchaser of creativity, the Builder, because she or he will have access to creative talents from every corner of the planet. And it delivers to the Creator, because you will have access to the best Briefs from the top worldwide brands and if you are the winner you will have no possibility not to be paid like it may happen in the off-line world, because in the virtual world of BootB a Brief is visible only if there is a budget already tied to it. So it delivers because you have no chance not to be paid.
    So unless a company has already put the money in an ESCROW account, their brief will not be visible. That means that for each brief that you can see on the website, the money is already secure

Also, the registration process is set-up so that it forms a legally binding contract between BootB and the creator, this meaning that your idea is legally yours. No one can use it in your stead, and should they do so anyway, they would be violating yours and their contracts, resulting in legal consequences. On top of that, your ideas are visible to nobody but the brand owners, so there is no need to worry about random people stealing your ideas

If you have any further questions, please let me know

Regards,

Richard

I am a BootB official. Verify this posting at webrepassociates and enter code: f2eoemn24
    Last edited by BootB; 12-12-2007 at 09:22 AM.

Where can I view a copy of your contract so I can read the small print? Also, what's your cut in all of this, you're obviously not in it for the good of your health.

Was it something I said?

Blog Entries

Yes! "Small print".

Bad boy... wash your mouth out!

If any of you see a contract written in orange crayon posted on here in the next few days then run for the hills...