Thread: No sound in After Effects CS3 Pro

Default No sound in After Effects CS3 Pro

Right, i cant get any sound to play in After Effects CS3 Pro, it never has worked on previous versions of After Effects either. I've messed around with the audio of different clips of sound but nothing comes out, i just have no idea how to get audio to work in AE, please help me

from memory, I think the audio is silent by default...you have to click a few buttons to get it to sound...AND...I think you can only hear after its been rendered...click on the Adobe help file...think how to enable is actually in there

cheers ill try it

I'll 2nd that, Torby. I had the same problem myself recently. When scrubbing through the timeline, you have to hold Alt (might be Ctrl) to get the sound to preview. Also, Ram previews have to be set to include audio, as do the final exports. They don't do it by default, and it can be pretty confusing when you're expecting your audio to be there.

Try pressing the 'period'/'dot'/'full stop'/'decimal point' button on the numeric keypad part of your keyboard. That is the shortcut to play the sound from your timeline without the need to render any video.

Rather than hit the 'play' button with th mouse to preview with sound you need to find the ram preview option in the menu. AT least I do in V7.

I seem to be having this problem as well in AE CS3. I tried the period thing and it plays the audio but no video, the video just freezes where ever I left the playhead while the audio goes on. I tried the help documents but I can't find anything and the Preview options don't have what I'm looking for, I don't think.
    System Specifications:
    Intel Core 2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40 GHz
    2 GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS

Quote Originally Posted by Raj O Mac View Post
    I seem to be having this problem as well in AE CS3. I tried the period thing and it plays the audio but no video, the video just freezes where ever I left the playhead while the audio goes on. I tried the help documents but I can't find anything and the Preview options don't have what I'm looking for, I don't think.
    the period things is just audio. So what you are getting is correct. To preview video with audio you need to do a RAM preview from the menu and not just hit the VCR type play button.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    the period things is just audio. So what you are getting is correct. To preview video with audio you need to do a RAM preview from the menu and not just hit the VCR type play button.
    ok, im getting some sound and picture together BUT only 15sec. (i must press on keypad coma and zero)
    i cant look all 2min on preview with sound&picture

and when i go save RAM preview, it saves let say 15 seconds

is there some setup for RAM where i can set up so it can render it all?
    dose it need more space?

THX

Default Solved!

Quote Originally Posted by LUKAvac View Post
    ok, im getting some sound and picture together BUT only 15sec. (i must press on keypad coma and zero)
    i cant look all 2min on preview with sound&picture

and when i go save RAM preview, it saves let say 15 seconds

is there some setup for RAM where i can set up so it can render it all?
    dose it need more space?

THX
    >>> HERE is the answer dudes, when you save it or "make movie" the only thing to do is to check the render tab menu>OUTPUT module>drop down menu> custom> then check the audio output checkbox.

thats all ^_^ thanks... pls message me if you get it.