Thread: Good Quality Video Hosting

Default Good Quality Video Hosting

Just came across this site Stage6 Upload Video Clips. Share, Watch, Download Videos - seems their compression allows users to upload and retain better quality than some like Youtube etc.

Blog Entries

Ah yes, good old DivX.

Hey I just read the thread here and wanted to know what you guys thought of it..??

The reason I ask is Make Website Videos :: is much faster at loading the videos, plus we use adobe flash 9 + and a mixture of java script to display your videos making them embeddable in an iframe!

I would be interested in knowing what you think...

Kind Regards

Richard Monssen

Well, to be honest, your website took longer to load the front page than the one I suugested started to play the videos

Blog Entries

I have to agree that the two sites are simply worlds apart in terms of quality. That's not to say that there's not a place for your site, but I don't think you can really compare the two - you'll just do yourself an injustice.

First time you visit my site it does take a little bit to load until your PC caches it then it loads in under a second or two, plus there isn't another 5 mins to download the player either ours plays straightaway (once you click play), lol then I can always change the player and the server (which will happen at some stage) to make it play faster and in better quality.

We also help in the sharing and viralness of your videos by allowing videos from other sites to be embedded directly to our site, in fact there is so many feature's it has that the other site doesn't the little bit of quality lacking in video playing is well made up for, plus there is still many new features currently being developed for it.

Last but not least according to the time these post's were made I was actually working on the site, during which the site was loading a bit slower then usual.

Anyway thanks for the feed back guy's I guess I still have a way to go before you will consider it worthy for you videos.

Kind Regards

Richard Monssen