Thread: final rendering help

united kingdom manchester

Default final rendering help

hi every one, i am in a dilema, dont have a clue which settings to render my final project. i have done all the edits i need but my final out put is not what i wanted.

at the final rendering i have ticked

windows avi
    pal dv -- custom- best

after i do this, my picture frame becomes either wide screen (letter box) but i do click the part where it says "stretch video to fill output frame size"(do not letter box frame.)

can some one please help me to get this right. all i want to do is render the final project file to avi and then burn to dvd and want full screen on any tv. i dont want letter box or wide screen. just a basic full screen picture.

please help
    any help will be appriciated.. thank you

You don't want AVI. Choose MPG for playback on a DVD/CD home theater.

There is a MPG-2 preset for CD rendering in Vegas. It is named SVCD NTSC. This is a good starting point, and probably render what you're looking for.

If letterboxing is already present in your source files (you'll see black stripes at top and bottom of the preview), stretching the output will cause a little bit of distortion. Generally, don't check this box. Render to the same aspect ratio as your source files to avoid distortion.

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

In my workflow I always render a 'best' dv .avi copy.
    Render settings should be the same (with a few exceptions) as the media you are editing. This will avoid bars.

It all really depends on what you want the video for as to what you render too.

united kingdom manchester

thanks for the reply. i have tried the mpg2 i still get same problem. i do select best, dv, avi, i still get the same problem. my picture seem to be squeezed into letter box which i dont want. on my working project it is not letter boxed in the preview. should i do anything to the project properties templates? what should the width and height be?
    please get backwith some info
    thank you