Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: holding a frame

1. Default holding a frame

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to freeze a frame for a few seconds so i can stop at a point in my film to show the actors reaction at a point in the script.

Its a bit where he gets hit and i want to freeze on his expression when he is stunned.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Simply grab the frame you want to hold as a still, using the capture to file button found on the viewer. Then split the video and insert this into the correct position, and edge trim it to the desired length.

Note: If you're capturing a frame, set the preview window to full size and Best rendering before you capture. This results in a larger image with better resolution.

3. Default

Thanks man, worked a treat!!

. . or Velocity Envelope using a ZERO=0 point.

Grazie

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    . . or Velocity Envelope using a ZERO=0 point.

Grazie
    There is no velocity envelope in Vegas 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Lengo View Post
    There is no velocity envelope in Vegas 8.
    Would you please explain how you knew/perceived/understood which version of Vegas was being used here? I am intrigued.

Grazie

Blog Entries

I think lengo means vegas movie studio, not hte fully featured vegas - maybe.

Vegas Studio 8 Platinum.

I didn't know and still don't know which one you mentioned Grazie. Do you want to explain why you didn't specify which one you meant? Also, why not explain fully how you do this. The way you left it, it's misleading. "Velocity Envelope using a ZERO=0 point" doesn't tell how and it doesn't say which one it's in.

It's perfectly clear - Vegas Studio 8 does not have a velocity envelope. Also, Moonmin has his problem solved. What's the problem?

This is NOT a contest! Don't challenge me to explain which one it's in when you didn't explain which one it's in. Also, you didn't explain HOW to set the set the velocity for ONE frame! You wanna explain that, or do you just have a bad attitude?

Some community! With answers like yours and "see the help file, (stupid)" this amounts to very little community. You set a bad example for everyone. Understand that people can't always understand the help file. That's just the way people are. Writing "see the help file" is no help at all, and "Would you please explain how you knew/perceived/understood which version of Vegas was being used here? I am intrigued." Is just plain insulting. Your attitude stinks!

Moonmin has his answer. I'm happy for that. But you didn't provide it, or provide an answer for those who have a version where there is a velocity envelope. The only thing you've achieved is to piss me off. You have helped nobody, and that's what this board is about.

Blog Entries

You are out of order Lengo - Grazie spends many hours answering many many questions. I too was confused by your answer.

As a rule when we speak of 'vegas' we mean the full version by default - I suspect that miscommunication is the cause of this 'tiff'.

I am sure we all genuinely want to help eachother.

I am not out of order. The board does not say PRO in it's description, and Grazie's question is antagonistic. Grazie could have easily said that this feature is available in the Pro edition, then how to use it. She did neither of these, and instead chose to chide and atagonize.
    Last edited by Lengo; 12-09-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast