Thread: Who can help me edit movies

Default Who can help me edit movies

i have several avi movie files
    i want to combine all into 1
    then run in mpeg (playable in the dvd/vcd)
    how to do it ar
    what software to use
    i used to have this movieshop
    argh cannot run one the software - geram.............
    is there any software whereby i can combine all the avi into one movie?
    then burn into vcd..

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

I am not 'au fait' with the value options - roxio? Anyone know how to do this with the minimum of basic s ware ?

There are some good free software here:

AVIedit: It is a great tool to work with .AVI files. It allows you to join and split avi files, extract frames. You can change frame rate, duration, frame size, color depth of your videos and other properties, even without recompression, and convert avi clips to bmp and bmp to avi, animated GIFs etc. and there are some shortcoming, the running speed is too slow even a short video unless you have much free time to wait. The supported format is only .AVI, it does not support MPEG-4 video and others such as virtual dub neither Sonic Foundry Vegas, etc. But it is free anymore.

Virtual Edit: It is a semi-professional software video editing package aimed at ambitious content creators to video novices, who want to produce material with a slick and professional look, on a limited budget.
    There is a special video capture utility for users with DV and Digital-8 cameras. If you have a different camera, (for example an analogue Hi, you must use a third party application or the software provided with your equipment to capture data on to your PC. Then use the 'import' utility in Virtual Edit to add data to your project. Sound good, but also with the free tools the speed is slow and the edit steps are complicated in a way before you read the long help documents and it will not be able to render advanced transitions unless you purchase the full version.

If you are Mac user:

You can choose iMovie. It comes with every new Mac (OS X), now called iMoveHD and it's a part of iLife package. Apple iMovie '05 is an excellent (and free) video editor for the Mac platform, with advanced video editing features and a lot of addon and plug-in support. You can find more information about iMovie at Apple's iLife '05 site. Note that this software is free only if you buy a new Mac. You can purchase it, however, if you just want the software.

AVS Video Editor:
    AVS Video Editor is a full-featured editor which include Video Cutter and splitter for turning your home videos in Hollywood-like masterpieces. You can capture video from video cams and TV tuners, master videos and slideshows with exciting effects and transitions, author and burn DVD, export movies to almost any video format, edit any video and transfer it then directly to iPod, PSP, mobiles and other portable players. The new interface makes advanced video editing a fan and easy task. So it aims at users who intend high speed and excellent quality with some budget.

N. florida

Are the avi files some that you downloaded via filesharing or .avi files you captured from like a digital camcorder?

Software for about $80 like ULead Video Studio will easily allow you to drop multiple avi files/clips into a timeline and then one step render to mpeg2 or many other file types. (mpeg2 for standard definition dvd).

In between you can edit or add transitions or effects.

Many .avi movie files from file sharing downloads can be difficult as a lot of editing software won't recognize or support the codec. There are a lot of strange and rare file structures out there online.

Example - A few years ago during my file sharing days I downloaded a very compressed 580meg .avi format file of an old movie that will probably not be re-released. I could do nothing with it or to it and it wouldn't play until I found a little transcoding utility free online called mediacoder.

It took that avi file and converted it from a 500meg avi to a mpeg2 3.8gig file that I could open in my DVDitPE dvd program and in a few minutes I had a dvd with a nice little chapter menu and etc.

I guess my rambling point is that all avi files ain't created equal but there are free programs that will transform them to something you editing software can work with. Hope this helps. Downloaded movies in compressed segments are interesting - let me know if this is your area of concern.
    Last edited by imjay; 01-01-2008 at 09:26 PM.

thanks for help, AVS Video Editor is most easy to use.

Why dont you download the free trial for GRASS VALLEY EDIUS its free for 1 month and It will edit everything in realtime ! IF you pc is fast enough and did I say its a trial and its FREE!