Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDV Editing in Adobe PP2

1. Default HDV Editing in Adobe PP2

My question is hopefully simple. I have a Canon XH A! and capture my video directly through PP2. My problem is sound synchronisation. If I capture a complete tape the synchronisation is shot. I am unable to select scene detection as this is apparently not supported for HD! I have tried HDV split and can capture split video which retains audio synchronisation. Unfortunately when ever I import these captures and try to edit them PP 2 fails.
    Is there any recommended solution other than a new editing system?

When edittign HDV in Premiere Pro ytou should seriously consider the Cineform Aspect HD plugin. Cheaper thena new editting rig and s/w.

Havign said that though, I'm getting grief from the latest update... :(

3. Default

Thanks for that I have obtained a trial download and am currently assesing it. At present I have been able to capture in HD Link but not within Adobe PP2 it still will not recognise the Canon XH A1. I have contacted Cineform to outline my problems, what grief are you getting.

Quote Originally Posted by sniktawk View Post
    Thanks for that I have obtained a trial download and am currently assesing it. At present I have been able to capture in HD Link but not within Adobe PP2 it still will not recognise the Canon XH A1. I have contacted Cineform to outline my problems, what grief are you getting.
    I upgraded Aspect HD from build 92 (v5.1.2) to build 95a and 98 (v5.2.0 and 5.2.1 respectively) and now I'm getting Premiere Pro v2 crash on me a lot. Seems I'm not the only one wiht the trouble either but, as is the nature of these things, Cineform are having trouble reproducing the problem at their end. Must be soemthign we all have that conflicts which they don;t have on their test machines.

It's not like I need the new features (I wish Ihad a Red One camera to need the new features!!) so I can stick with the last release.

Don't get me wrong though, their support is second to none in my opinion.

5. Default

It seems that Cineform do not understand my query. Is there anyone out there who has sucessfully captured from an XH A1 on Adobe PP2 without losing audio synchronisation. If so what are you using?

Not sure if this is a help but have you downloaded the editing preset for Canon HDV? Available at: Adobe - Premiere Pro : For Windows : Editing presets for Canon Progressive-scan HDV cameras

7. Default

Te down load you refer to has on the face of it nothing to do with a normal HDV capture. Yet strangely it works andalso gives you scene detection, how did you find this the last time I looked on Adobe for Canon XH A1 it said nothing could be found. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I am still waaiting a response from Cineform.

About a year ago we had similar issues with footage shot and captured on a Sony camera. Adobe seem to have been caught on the hop with the change to HDV and released presets for a number of formats/cameras as updates. They're all available through the standard PPro2 update page.

The other alternative is to look at your hardware. If you're running too little RAM or processor speed below the recommended setup that can cause sync problems with HDV playback. It's actually in sync but playback causes it to drift. Same can happen when you're editing a huge project - like 26 hours of HDV footage - at the end of a long session. Requires reboot to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by sniktawk View Post
    What question have you asked Cineform exactly? You can;t capture inPremeire Pro (native HDV) and edit it cleanly ina Cineform preset. Capturing using teh HDLink is the best and only way to capture for Cineform codec.

I've never captured from inside Premeir Pro. I'll either capture from inside the Matrix XTools if I'm working in standard def (for my RTX100 card) or through HDLink if working in HDV.

10. Default

My basic question has always been why does it not seem possible to capture in PP2 with Aspect HD. They have not been able to respond to date. After downloading the Adoble Plug in this worked, but not with scene splitting. I need this as the audio goes out of sync within tape capture. HDV Split will scene split but leaves me with.m2t files and PP2 is not happy working with these, I get the "serious error" message. I have today downloaded TMPEGENC Mpeg Editor Premium on a trial, this captures directly from my camera (which it recognises) and does scene splitting. You can then convert to MPEG2 and import this into PP2 where it appears to work. I have not yet had the chance to fully experiment and will be awy on business for a week. I'll let you know what transpires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast