Thread: How do i do this?

Default How do i do this?

Sup guys , i would like to know what effect and how to do set up the effect that has a white glow effect that moves around in the first 50 sec. of this video YouTube - Annihilation - Counter-Strike Movie Part 1 i tried so many effects and i cant find the right effect that does whats in the video.

Can u guys please try to answer this question as fast as possible becouse im in a rush to finish a movie im working on.
    Last edited by luke1991; 12-04-2007 at 05:08 AM.

Well, this is a tough one. You're gonna have to make a video of your own, thn overlay this on top of your primary video by setting the transparency to somewhere between 50% and 100%. You can do this with stills, frame by frame, but that's a lotta work. You might try capturing music visualizations (from Media Player or Winamp) using Fraps, a directX video capturing utility. Best bet though, is software such as After Effects where you can draw key frames and tween between them -- this gives you the utmost control, but such programs are terribly expensive.

Using a luminance mask (made from the same source file) on a layer above this overlay layer may help give you the desired look.

To this overlaying video, you can add effects such as glow and blur. If you've captured from a music player visualizer, you'll probably have to color correct to get the color you desire, then add the blur and glow.

There may be a third party plug in that achieves this, but I don't know of any. Perhaps somebody else on these boards can point you in the right direction in this department.

is'nt this done with motion blur???? am sure i did some thing like this while back. when i get back home i'll have a look at it, and hopfully i can give you a step by step guide. that is if i have got the project file saved from before. mean whiletry motion blur effect and messwith it

Quote Originally Posted by angur View Post
    is'nt this done with motion blur???? am sure i did some thing like this while back.
    If it IS Motion Blur and if you have applied Motion Blur in the past, then this truly indicates to me, you will have the full Vegas editing platform.

This effect is added into the Master Video Bus Track, and, until I am informed otherwise, it is not currently possible to apply Motion Blur in one of the other flavours/versions of Vegas, being, that it is only the full version of Vegas that possess the Master Video BUS Track, and confirmed by the SONY comparison charts, that only the full version of Vegas has a Master Track.

In which case:

Go: View> (engage/check) Video Bus Track (VBT)

Once you are showing and have located the VBT, right click on its Track :

Insert/Remove Envelope > (engage/check) Motion Blur Amount

This in turn will apply an envelope to that track - apart from the envelope, there is NOTHING in it! - and now you can adjust the Envelope from zero=0 to its fullest intensity. You can also right click on the same envelope and apply Points that you can set with precision; you can also apply the way in which the Point change comes into play and is sustained; you can then "pull" up and down these same points to adjust in a "rubber band" way! To lock adjust in the Vertical Axis, use the Ctrl key and drag the point. To lock adjust in the Horizontal Axis, use the Alt key and drag the point.

Motion Blur is a most amazing effect and adds that extra professional look of . .er . . blurred motion! You should also try this added to Generated Media - like moving text! Now there's something that is worth experimenting with!!!

Enjoy!

Grazie

Blog Entries

Motion blur - looks great but oh my lordy look at that render time go up!

As for that effect I think playing with the media gen, with pan / crop, m blur and some keyframed glow should crack it - might give it a go myself - for the practice. Trying to copy an effect is a great way to learn - most things are not hte result of a simple plug in - this is sometiems the case but can look unoriginal - learning the power of a few simple plug ins and the power of lateral thinking is key to this editing game.

Yes, lateral thinking is the key to this. There's more than one way to skin a cat, and each skinning will give you sligthly different results.

I tried this, only out of curiousity -- I made a green screen still and filled irregular selections with white on a different layer, then imported this .psd file into Vegas and applied the effect 'Blur' set to maximum. Then, using keyframes, I added the effect 'Wave' and changed the params at each keyframe. It works! I then added the swirl effect with keyframes too. I didn't render it though, 'cause I didn't want to spend the time, so I don't know how it impacts the rendering time. But I overlayed this onto a still and adjusted the transparancy of the overlay layer, and also tried fiddling with the compositing envelope to see how it would look on top of an image. You can do lots with this! LOTS! I was quite amazed. Will try to incorporate this into an upcoming 'real' vid using more than just white. It would look great in a title sequence!

I dunno why, but the process is more fun than the result. I just love playing with this stuff! I guess it's the lateral thinking -- trying lotsa different ways all of which are mesmerizing (and sometimes maddening).

I agree Mark - much render time.

Grazie

there you go GRAZIE has just saved me from discribing the procedure. yes its in the full version. render time does go up, but you have to bear the pain if you want results.

Quote Originally Posted by angur View Post
    there you go GRAZIE has just saved me from discribing the procedure.
    You are very welcome! I do like it when people get what they want.

Grazie

this is it. this is why people like me come on this forum. can pick up some good tips,and learn from each other. us beginers can learn from you pro's. every one is so friendly. keep it fela's
    intel 4 3ghz
    2gb ram
    2x 260gb sata
    2 moniters
    wharfedale diamond 8.2pro active
    vegas pro 8
    pro tools 7
    digidesign mbox 2 pro
    reason 3
    allen&heath wz 14 4 2 mixer, tube teck compressor, lexicon reverb unit, antares avp 1
    and a lot of hardware effect units

sony hvr a1e with the full lighting kit /green screen