Thread: My first two

Default My first two

"Tanner"

The above link is the first project I had ever done. All footage was shot in the dark ages using a Sharp Slimcam (yes the old shoulder mounted VHS camera), captured through a Pinnacle PCI card, and edited using Studio 9.4. I had never edited a second of video prior to this so I was really just trying to play with the software and learn the fundamentals, and learn timing and switching to the beat of the music. The music is "Lightning Crashes" by Live, I chose that song because at its core, it is about the circle of life and the main subjects of my video are my son his late grandparents.

"Treetop Flyer"

This video was done after a bit of practice and has more transitions and additional sound effects. None of this footage was shot with a camera. All of the footage in this video is from a PC game titled Battlefield 2 where I was the player doing the flying, and was captured using a program called Fraps. I then imported the files into Studio for the final editing. On this project I was focusing on following the story line of the song.

Both of these projects were edited in 800 x 640 res and then, of course, Youtube and Google video cap their res so I would suggest watching them in their native sizing not fullscreen lest they get blurry.

I now shoot using a JVC 3ccd camera and edit using Adobe Premier Elements 3.0. I have just completed another project using those tools to create a DVD covering four of the Hawaiian Islands with menu, scene selections, bonus footage, soundtrack, text, transitions, still images, the works! Unfortunately it is an hour long and 4.6 gig so I have no way to host it and link to it.

Please feel free to comment on these, any advice and criticism will be absorbed and put to use in future projects.

I haven't created DVD menus... is it fairly easy?

BTW, nice clips.

In Adobe PE 3 it is fairly easy to create menus. They have stock menus you can use but what I did was take footage I had shot in Hawaii, exported 30 second clips to mpeg then set those as background on my menu screen, and scene selection screens. So now when the DVD starts at the menu screen, the background footage is Ka'anapali Beach from Maui, and on my scene selection screens is footage from the Polynesian Cultural Center's Parade of Canoes on the first and sunset footage from Keauhou Bay Beach. I was also able to change the music to Hawaiian themed mp3's I found.