Thread: Up grade question

Default Up grade question

Hi,
    I've been trying to post most of the day and am beset with operator errors of my own invention.
    First: I think you folks are very classy with your postings. You seem to be driven by topics and not ego. Congratulations.
    I am thinking of upgrading to Studio 11 ultimate from Studio 10.5 plus, but wonder if I should go up to some of the Avid editors. I began with DV500 and premier, but due to infrequent editing sessions I never really came to terms with the Premier 6 that came with it.

I am now doing training videos at the office furniture factory where I am training co ordinator. Studio is doing fine for the moment, but I need better DVD authoring and a little more flexability in editing. I would appreciate any advise on the benefits of a higher end editing program.
    Thanks
    Mark

Studio 11+ is a good,stable program. It does have a reasonable range of options for DVD authoring.
    AVCHD
    HD DVD DVD 4.7 and DVD DL 8.5
    DVD " "
    SVCD
    VCD

There is some talk of a new Avid coming out in 2009?

What extra flexibility do you need?

I agree, Studio 11 is quite stable. As far as additional features you would get with "Ultimate" version - a) sound soap, b) Moving Picture, e) Vitascene filter effects and transitions.

Haven't used any of them much, but if the difference in price between Plus and Ultimate is minimal, might as well get the Ultimate.

MOving to a higher end editor is a) pricey and b) bigger learning curve - fine if you have the time and inclination.

Thank you both for your comments. I think I will upgrade to 11.1 and be able to zoom and pan video clips. My learning time would be better spent working on my shooting skills since that is the core to video.

mark

Hello all...(I HOPE I'M IN THE CORRECT THREAD !)
    I have just begun to look at this forum....the last one I saw was the Pinnacle forum(because I have Studio 9.4)... and the last time I even TRIED video stuff was over 1 year ago...But I'm gettin' the editing bug again and I was wondering if anyone out there can advise me if I should upgrade to studio 11 (I think that's the latest ver)...or...go to the SONY software...or is there some other program out there that is on the tip of everyone's tongue?

Thanks for any input

You should download a few 30 day trial versions of each and see which one works best on your computer setup and most importantly which one you like best.

Many people love Sony - I personally find it complicated. I agree, download the trial. As for Studio, it is a great program if it works on your system. It has greater system specs than Sony. But again, download the trial.
    Last edited by Alley; 01-06-2008 at 01:50 AM. Reason: used wrong word