Thread: vob skipping and jumping frames

Default vob skipping and jumping frames

hey guys im not really sure what went wrong but my band and i were recrded by a venue and they gave us a disk to keep of it, it was like half the size of a normal dvd like a mini dvd.

only the thing is when i ripped it to my hardrive and played it through any [COLOR=green ! important][COLOR=green ! important]media [COLOR=green ! important]player[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] it jumped and skipped frames like it was the way the guy edited it.

i rechecked the dvd by itself and it played just fine no skipping no nothing played right through.

i then decided to try dragging the whole video_ts folder onto vlc and not just the actual vob file and it played fine with just the occasional pause but no frame skipping or nothing.

i no longer have the cd as it was sent to a family member the day after, so all i have on my pc is

Video_ts folder containing: Video_ts , Video_ts.bup, video_ts.ifo,
    VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_1

DVDCAM containg : DVDCAM.IFO

Audio_ts: empty

im looking to get it sorted then make it into wmv file for placing on myspace/bebo at some point thanks for any help able to give

Warsop, Nottinghamshire.
    Blog Entries

You will need to use an editing package like Vegas or any of the other leading brands to import the video and then re-render it out as your WMV file. There are a lot of free converters available but they nearly all seem to have video audo sync issues. No substitute for quality software in this case.