Thread: intro

Default intro

My husband was captain of his golf club last year, and I rashly said I would record some memories for him. In the end, I have just his 'Drive-in' and film of the Captain's Prize day - when the Captain hosts a competition and pays for all the prizes and incidental refreshments, the entry fee goes to a charity of his choice.

I decided to use the film of the Drive-in as an intro to the rest, I don't know how I'm going to tackle the rest yet, Ian will naturally want as many members as possible to be included, so it could be a bit boring for anyone else to watch. He took the camera and filmed lots of people teeing off, putting and just walking up fairways, I arrived later and then filmed him talking to people, and there is the prize giving in the evening.

The Drive-in, for those who don't know how golf clubs operate, is a short ceremony which starts with drinks in the 'Captain's Bar', then the Captain elect is driven by the outgoing Captain to the first tee to make a drive, bets having been laid on how far the ball will go, and he is then presented with his 'badge of office', a green blazer. Then everyone goes up to the Dining Room for Sunday lunch.

So, here is the intro

www.gilliangvideo.co.uk/misc_films/ian'sdrive-in.wmv

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.

I liked it a lot.

Just down the road from me too

It looked liek he hit it with a driver but the ball flight was more of a lob wedge when you watch it. Must have been the special ball.

My only real comment would be that you could maybe add a little ambient noise mixed in with the intro music.

Looks like a nice place. Maybe you could invite as a guest.......

Blog Entries

Isn't it a bit unfair that he had four swings at the ball?

don't know how I'm going to tackle the rest yet, Ian will naturally want as many members as possible to be included, so it could be a bit boring for anyone else to watch.
    Ahh that old home movie chestnut. No matter how much you tell people it's not a complete novelty for other people to see you on TV, they still insist you get every last second of footage on tape.

Now I thought I'd left the ambient sound on the scenes where there are people to make them, I can hear it, but then I'm familiar with the video. Just shows the advantage of showing vids to other people who come to them fresh. Obviously I shall have to alter the balance between the two tracks.

If we're getting technical, Millsy, I would say the ball was teed up so high, Ian got a bit under it Either that, or the plane went straight to afterburner

Marc 'the drive' is the star, seemed silly to have it gone in a flash

I think I will make two videos, one for Ian's long term memory of all the members, which will probably stay in the cupboard for years, and one of the 'essence' of the competition day to show other people. Actually I could put both on a DVD but just watch one via the menu.

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.

Good idea having both versions on the disk.

I can feel a "Director's Cut - Easter Egg" coming on