Thread: Setting properties to widescreen

1. Default Setting properties to widescreen

Hello!

This may be a stupid question but ill ask anyway!

Ive recorded some footage in 16:9 widscreen on a sony dv cam. When i capture the footage and select the PAL DV widescreen option in the project properties, in the preview window the footage looks squashed left & right. When i set it it standard PAL DV it looks ok.

Which setting should i be using so that when i render it out and burn to dvd it wil play widescreen on a widescreen telly??

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Hiya Moomin!
    Keep your project properties (and absolutely everything you can) set to PAL DV widescreen.
    Right Click on your preview (yes, on the picture itself) and select "Simulate Device Aspect Ratio" (or some similar wording - I can't confirm as I'm not on my Vegas PC at the moment.
    HTH
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Hiya Moomin!
    Keep your project properties (and absolutely everything you can) set to PAL DV widescreen.
    Right Click on your preview (yes, on the picture itself) and select "Simulate Device Aspect Ratio" (or some similar wording - I can't confirm as I'm not on my Vegas PC at the moment.
    HTH
    Ditto Tim.

Moomin, please check by RIGHT clicking on the media EVENT on the timeline and see just WHAT the properties of the event is. I too am without my PC, so please see the fields there and just check to make sure Vegas IS seeing your media as 16:9.

Looking squashed is indicative of several circumstances. Vegas is excellent at allowing us to mix 'n match complex mixed media, from all sources. And herein lies the responsibility on us to assist it. It is up to us to fly it in the direction we wish.

Grazie

4. Default

Thank you both yet again for your help!

I will try this when i get home