Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Green Screen video

Default First Green Screen video

I have been browsing these forums for a while now gathering tips and the sort. Well I just completed my first green screen video. It is a Rap Music Video done on a super low budget. Let me know what yall think.

B.C. - Paper Feat. V.I.P. & AkdaDrunk

I just put the video on daily motion as well. It actually looks better there.

All feedback welcome, positive or negative.

Last edited by pfkmedia; 11-28-2007 at 11:39 PM.

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

damn yo.. i dont know much on green screening and all that so im not a very good judge but that looked pretty sick from an average viewer's eyes

I liked the money being scanned over in the background haha that looked sick... overall i'd say good job on it, kept me entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie31 View Post
    I liked the money being scanned over in the background haha that looked sick... overall i'd say good job on it, kept me entertained.

Thats what i was hoping for, just to keep people entertained for a little while.

i've never done a Green Screen before but i can give you some advice that might make it a bit better.

Your focusing to much on the Rappers themselves. Every once in awhile you wanna have a cutscene of something else. Perferably those Chicks that you couldn't entirely see anyway? Get some movement in there to.

People kinda get bored easily but if you through in some scenes of some girls moving around it should look better over all.

Of course it's entirely up to you, just throwing some words out there that might be able to help, might not. It's your choice.

Thanks for the feedback. We kinda did the video pretty gung ho. We did it in the studio literaly 10 minutes after the song was done. Other than Sony Vegas and the camera (both of which we already had and been using) we spent maybe $30 on the video. While we were recording we just said F it lets just do a video. Sent someone to the store for some lights ($30) and borrowed the green screen from a friend.

The next vid is going to be more planned and thought out and probably a higher quality cam.

Again thanks for the feedback.

Western Europe

The pre-production stage is most important, whether you are making a music video or feature film as time spent in pre-production will show in the quality of your finished video. Even if it's just getting a few ideas down on paper so that you have a beginning, middle and end will make a big difference. If you want to get into camera shots and storyboarding that's entirely up to you.

Default Not bad...

Unfortunately, YouTube's low quality makes it hard to get a good idea on your composite. However it looks pretty darn good to me. The song is pretty cool too.

We shoot most of our music videos on green screen, and it can be a chore if you don't have the proper lighting. We invested in some studio space, and a few lighting kits. Theses days our composites are much cleaner...

Look up Pimp My Blog Music Video on YouTube to see what I'm talking about.
    Smidgits Dude

Hey great video! I have a question. How did you get the bottom and the top of the screen to do that effect, as if its a separate video playing? Is it a particular program you use? Im a bit of an amature myself....

9. Default

Well, I must say for a first attempt, great work!
    There are a few things however that can be adjusted...
    With green screens as well as blue screens there is a problem with compositing. What happens is that objects and actors sometimes get this black outline (with blue screens) or a green outline (with green screens). To defeat this problem you may want to 'feather' your edges to make your actors blend more into the background instead of looking as if they were 'cut out'. Also another technique to try is to have something called IBL (Image Based Lighting) what this refers to is if your scenery has a brown or blue tint, or any other color, you may want your actors to display a similar tint as well.
    Hopefully this was to some help! Good luck on your green screening work, its an excellent attempt!
    Imagination and discipline are like yin and yang; both are completely different and yet without each other they are nothing.

Actually no. Its just a layered Final Cut trick. Using png images of the screents, and cutting out the screens itself, allows me to place anything I want underneath...
    Smidgits Dude

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast