Thread: Premier Pro CS3 capture card

Smile Premier Pro CS3 capture card

Hi,

I want to to know if anyone knows of a good quality analog Capture card that works in conjunction with Premier Pro CS3? i'm looking at up grading to Pro CS3 and need to replace my analog video capture card, (currently a DV500+) It needs to be or realistic price, because i a poor student:(

Cheers,

Tommy! x

Do you own or have you access to a Mini DV camcorder with AV in sockets? I use one of my camcorders as an analogue to digital convertor. Basically, I put my old VHS tapes in the VCR and connect the leads to the AV in socket on the Mini DV and then plug a Firewire cable into the Firewire socket, again on the Mini DV and the other end into the back of the computer. That allows me to convert the analogue signal to digital inside the camcorder and send it out the Firewire cable again and into the computer. That's just my suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Do you own or have you access to a Mini DV camcorder with AV in sockets? I use one of my camcorders as an analogue to digital convertor. Basically, I put my old VHS tapes in the VCR and connect the leads to the AV in socket on the Mini DV and then plug a Firewire cable into the Firewire socket, again on the Mini DV and the other end into the back of the computer. That allows me to convert the analogue signal to digital inside the camcorder and send it out the Firewire cable again and into the computer. That's just my suggestion.
    Thats a good idea, cheers...nice suggestion...i think i would do that if i needed too do it now, but i would like a long term solution, i like to have things set up so i don't have to move wires around and stuff...

Cheers again!

What is your budget and what country do you live in?

What is your budget and what country do you live in?
    The UK, i was looking at keeping it pretty reasonable and didn't really wanna go over bout 100-120 ish, give or take depending on the product and it's quality...

I have been using a DV500+ so something like that i guess...maybe something better if you have any suggestions?

Cheers.

any ideas anyone? please?

Having a budget of around 100. is going to limit your choice of capture device, you could try some of the external devices from Dazzle, they have two out at the moment. They both use a USB connection and have composite and s-video connections in a break out box. Look on Jessops website and also on the Argos website to see what's available. I can't say whether they are good or not as I haven't used them myself, maybe if you look for a review before you purchase it might be better.

Having a budget of around 100. is going to limit your choice of capture device, you could try some of the external devices from Dazzle, they have two out at the moment. They both use a USB connection and have composite and s-video connections in a break out box. Look on Jessops website and also on the Argos website to see what's available. I can't say whether they are good or not as I haven't used them myself, maybe if you look for a review before you purchase it might be better.
    Cheers,

Ok, what about if i didn't have a budget that was so tight, what sort of cards would you recommend? in a sort of low end, mid range and hi end products available?

Cheers.