Thread: Anyone knows how much should someone charge to Edit a Wedding Video?

Default Anyone knows how much should someone charge to Edit a Wedding Video?

Anyone knows how much should someone charge to edit a wedding video?

I am going to edit a wedding video i want to know how much should i charge for it. I just graduated from film school and i don't know how much should i charge for the editing work.

Blog Entries

If you were a plumber, mechanic or carpenter you would have an hourly rate of at least $100. So, bearing in mind you're just starting out, if you charge less than $50 per hour... You are just a hobbyist and need not have gone to film school.

Sorry to be so blunt.

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/wedding...s-general.html

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews..._articleid/227

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/wedding...your-fees.html

etc. etc.
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 11-28-2007 at 10:13 AM.

Blog Entries

I am going to be blunt too!

Are you any good?? If so charge the going rate; if not - improve until your work is of merchantable quality.

Are you editing footage shot by a professional?? If so s/he will have charged a handsome sum for filming the wedding so make sure you are fairly rewarded.

Having said that I am crap at ever getting paid...

Most would prefer a fixed rate for the editing as it has fixed costs, see what a sample looks like ask how long it takes him to edit and on what and then give a an educated estimate for the fist one to work out timings.

I get $300 - $500 USD for a completed 1 hour video. I get 3 - 4 tapes from the videographer and edit them down to 1 hour in a specified format (10 chapters). I print the DVD inserts, Print on Inkjet Printable DVDs and then burn 7 copies. They usually include an opening montage (slideshow) of the bride and groom growing up and then the both of them together, about 30 images. Then there is a Honeymoon montage at the end (10 - 20 images). The whole thing can take anywhere from 20 hours on up to 60, just depends on what I want to put into it. I currently do 1 wedding per week, nice extra cash but I haven't quit my day job