Thread: Sony Vegas 6 bug?

Thumbs down Sony Vegas 6 bug?

I have a problem with Vegas. I have put avi from my camera and some ordinary avi. The problem is: The avis from the camera are showing int the timeline. The others are showing but they are RED. When I hit play they wont show. It is only black screen. Only the camera ones are shown. I have all avis on my disk, all in the same folder. What is the problem ? When I made the .veg project file they are showing. As soon as I close the program and open the file again they wont. They are RED. And sometimes you can see written (Offline Media) but it cannot be offline since I have them on the disk

please help I am desperate since I have to make the project every tme I open, again.

Blog Entries

This is clearly not a bug as nobody else is reporting this. Therefore it is a problem with your system and/or your avis.
    What do you mean by ordinary avi? You're probably not aware but avi is a wrapper for a number of formats. DivX files,for example are avis.
    What is the source of these avis?
    Download GSpot (it's free) and open the files in that. This will tell you which codec(s) the files are using.
    Then we might be able to progress this problem.
    Also, it's worth posting EXACTLY what version of Vegas / Vegas Movie Studio / 6.x you have AND your system specs.
    Tim

Blog Entries

OK, just saw your other post and you clearly ARE aware that DivX is a type of avi. Then the rest of my post must make even more sense.
    I'd forget trying to encode in DivX within Vegas. Use something like the avi option it ofers then encode outside of Vegas.
    Tim

oh ok. then I use autogk ? would that work ?

what about the avi files ? The are divx 6.7. The thing ist they work when I begin a project. only when i am opening the second time it will show like in the screenshot I attached. What is wrong ?screen0.JPG

Blog Entries

Hmmm. Very interesting.
    I have seen on two occasions similar red entries on the timeline since moving to Vegas 8. In both instances they occurred on media generated in ProType Titler and in both instances I couldn't recreate the problem.
    I suggest you try logging an incident with Sony Creative Software, though they might not be interested in responding to older products now.
    Sorry I can't be of any further help. (Unless you can post one of these divx files somewhere and I can play with it (I have Vegas Movie Studio 6 as well as Vegas Pro
    Tim

I uploaded it on a server:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2058/Na...neci%20Sol.avi

you can do anything with it but just help me I cant stand it anymore please !!

Blog Entries

Thanks for posting.
    You're not going to like this, but I have absolutely no problem with this clip. I've even created a project combining this clip with some interlaced footage from my camera and had no problem
    Furthermore, I can render it quite happily using DivX 6.7 codec WITH De-interlace selected.

This is with the DivX 6.7 Codec (2 logical CPUs)

If I try to use the DivX 6.7 YV12 Decoder I get "an error occurred" message which may be similar to what you are experiencing in the other thread.(My guess is the clue is in the word "decoder" - trying to encode using would seem likely to fail)

I've done nothing fancy (as far as I'm aware) to get DivX codec to run fine. I've never tried it before and only downloaded DivX in order to playback some material - for me it "just works",

So I can't give you any more pointers I'm afraid. But we are back to it being a problem with your particular setup rather than Vegas.
    Tim

I have a question. Have you tried closing the .veg project and opening again ?? It worked for me also but only until I closed it. When I reopened it was red :(

Blog Entries

Yes, absolutely (I had read your posts and was clear that this is when you had the problem). I've even ceated divx output then imported that back into the project before closing & reopening. All worked as it should
    Tim