Thread: Windows movie maker upgrade.

Default Windows movie maker upgrade.

Hello my name is Craig, i know i am new to this forum but please help me as i am in a bit of trouble, i take video production at college however my editing lacks origionality and quality as i only use movie maker. At the college they use MAC's and have final cut pro HD, i have almost 100% learnt how to use this software and was wondering what is the equivilent (maybe cheaper) on windows xp? (NOT VISTA!). Thanks to anyone who can help reccomend a editnig programme better than movie maker! thanks

Are you just looking for the name's of software or are you looking to purchase? Any of the editors listed on this forum are all good, it's just a matter of downloading a few (30 day trials are available for most) and see which one you like best. You don't have to spend thousands to get a good editor, especially if you are only starting out. Adobe Premiere Elements and its big brother Adobe Premiere Pro are more than adequate for most users.

im looking for a opinion on what software to buy, bearing in mind i am a student and am seriously lacking in funds, where can i find the 30 day trial periods coulod someone supply a link or an opinion thanks for the reply

Go onto Google or Yahoo and type in adobe premiere elements, or adobe premiere pro, or sony vegas or any of the other popular editors, I'm sure you will get a list as long as your arm.