Thread: Panasonic AG-1980P

Default Panasonic AG-1980P

[FONT='Bookman Old Style','serif']I own a Panasonic AG-1980P SVHS Videocassette Recorder/Editor.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Bookman Old Style','serif']This item was acquired in a company liquidation sale.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Bookman Old Style','serif']Upon testing, the deck loads the tape and when playing, the picture rolls[/FONT]
    [FONT='Bookman Old Style','serif']as if it needs either a cleaning or adjustment.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Bookman Old Style','serif']I think the video heads are fine because it occasionally will play fine.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Bookman Old Style','serif']Jog shuttle works fine and all other features seem to be operating as well.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Bookman Old Style','serif']Since I am not experienced in repairing this type of equipment, I am seeking your expertise. If you know how to do cleanings or[/FONT][FONT='Bookman Old Style','serif']repairs, please can you advise me as to how to proceed.[/FONT]

You could try a tape head cleaner and put it in for about 10 to 12 seconds and see how you get on. That's quite an old model of camcorder now but you may still be able to get supplies for it. As far as repairs are concerned I can't think of anyone offhand but try a search on Google to see how you get on. Any footage you shoot with it will have to be digitised compared to having an actual digital camcorder.

Was it something I said? Or maybe it's my new aftershave...