Thread: ok im new to after effects

Default ok im new to after effects

im new to after effects and where are some good tutorials for it. Im trying to do alot of motion things like moving text and the some video stuff. If you could please help me out that would be great

A bit vague there aren't you? you want to do motion stuff and video in your 'Motion Graphics' s/w. Well, that's what it's for isn't it? IS there szomethign specific you really want to do or are you just having trouble getting started woth After Effects?

What version do you have?

If you just want tutorials then google terms like "Adobe After Effects tutorial" and you'll find more than you'll ever have time to read/watch.

BNut the very best recomendation I can make to you is buy this book if you have CS3. TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a Tiny URL

It;s half prioce atthe moment and an incredible deal right now. Also, it's simply thebest book you can buy to leanr after effect anyway so it;s good value whatever the price.

If you need more specific links then PM me as I'm not going to blatantly post links to other video forums in the open.

i do have one more question. I just got in after effects today and when i try to import video in the AVI format this is what it says (After effects error: unspecified AVI or directshow error. (1) (53 :: 33) what could that be?